This Monday, February 4 2019, is celebrated the World Day against Cancer, a day where recovering hopeful quotes comes more to the case than ever.
World Cancer day 2019
World Cancer Day represents an unbeatable opportunity to become aware, acquire information and take action on the matter. Many times, the trigger of reactions to the issue may arise from a particular event or action.
Many others can respond to quotes of people who treated the diseased hand in hand and decided to reflect their struggle.
Steve Jobs, Angelina Jolie, and Sofia Vergara were some of the celebrities who suffered the attack of the harsh disease and decided to put into words their constant struggle and their courage to face it.
Some of the most emblematic World Cancer day 2019 quotes are:
- Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- Hard Time Quotes about Life
- the best Valentines day quotes
- Happy Chinese New Year Quotes
World Cancer day 2019 quotes
- “Time is shortened, but every day that I face this cancer and survive it is a victory for me,” Ingrid Bergman (actress, who died of breast cancer at 67 in 1982).
- “Cancer is a word, not a sentence,” John Diamond (English journalist, who punted on “sentence” and “sentence” in English, died of throat cancer at age 47, 2001).
- “They’re just breasts, it’s true, I love them, they’re mine, they’re beautiful, but if you look at the whole picture, I’d prefer to live much longer and get older with my husband, knowing how to set priorities is what keeps my hope”, Shannen Doherty (American actress diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015).
- Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: ‘If today was the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m going to do today?’ If the answer is ‘no’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. (Steve Jobs)
- “You can be a victim or cancer survivor. It’s a way of thinking “(Dave Pelzer, an American activist, and writer).
- “Cancer changed my life. I give thanks for every day. It has helped me establish priorities “(Olivia Newton-John, actress diagnosed with breast cancer)
- “We fight cancer with all kinds of things, but we forget to love. It could be the best weapon of all” (Regina Brett, American writer)
- ” We do not have to be afraid of the words cancer or metastasis” ( Bimba Bose, model, singer and DJ diagnosed with breast cancer)
- “I find it unattractive to surrender (…) I would tell other people with cancer that strength, that they draw strength from where there is not, that they do not succumb to the disease and that they are not treated like sick people” (David Delfin, Spanish designer diagnosed with three brain tumors)
World cancer day inspirational quotes
- “When you go through an experience like that, your priorities change and you realize what is really important for you” (Sofia Vergara, actress diagnosed with thyroid cancer)
- “Think positive every day, think ‘today I am closer to healing.’ Looking for the positive side helps more than lying down in a bed to suffer, I have always said: ‘squeeze that hard ass and keep going'” (Adamari Lope, actress and hostess diagnosed with breast cancer)
- ” While there is life … there is hope … and while you want … you can !!!” ( Frank Cuesta, known as Frank of the Jungle,
extenist, and presenter diagnosed with cancer)
- “I told myself that I had to be strong and not lose my temper, as there was no reason to think that I would not see my children and grandchildren grow up” (Angelina Jolie, actress diagnosed with breast and ovarian cancer)
- Every hour three women in Spain are diagnosed with breast cancer or, in other words, a woman every twenty minutes, figures that today, World Illness Day, are necessary to listen to.
- Breast cancer has become the most frequent tumor among women, but its mortality is gradually reduced thanks to advances in research in recent years, which have allowed going from 70% to 90% of free patients of the disease five years after diagnosis and treatment of the tumor.
February 4 World Cancer day 2019 quotes
- “You beat cancer because of the way you live, why you live and the way you live.” Stuart Scott.
- “Once I got over breast cancer, I was not afraid of anything anymore.” Melissa Etheridge.
- “Breast cancer is not just a disease that attacks women. It attacks the heart of who we are as women: how others perceive us, how we perceive ourselves, how we live, work and raise our families, or do all these things after all.” Debbie Wasserman Schultz
- “Remember how far you’ve come, not just how far you have to go. You may not be where you want to be, but you’re not where you were either.” Anonymous.
- ” You are braver than you think, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you would have ever imagined.” Anonymous.
- “There may be life after breast cancer. The prerequisite is early detection.” Ann Jillian.
- “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you have not done it.” Thomas Edison
- “Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means that you were stronger than what tried to hurt you.” Anonymous.
- “I loved the stars with a lot of love to fear the night”. Galileo
- “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars .” Anonymous.
With these world cancer day 2019 quotes, we hope to give some hope and strength to those who suffer from this disease and to make everyone aware of their commitment in the fight against breast cancer.