The quotes about trust and honesty collected in the following lines give an idea of the value that this psychological element has for personal development, as well as in our social life.
And it is that both the trust in other people and the confidence in oneself are fundamental elements to have a satisfactory life sustained by solid and lasting commitments.
Several reflections on the importance of believing in oneself and in the relationships that we establish.
If you trust someone, then you think he is an honest and trustworthy person. If you lend your car to someone, you trust that it will be returned to you, and in good condition.
You can trust something abstract, like the idea that things happen for a reason. If you are a little naive, people could take advantage of your trust. Or you can have a lot of confidence in yourself, or in one of your capacities, for example in your ability to be calm when speaking in front of 500 people.
Related articles: quotes about love and relationships
We have prepared this interesting collection of Quotes about trust and honesty.
Quotes about trust and honesty in relationship
To enjoy the tranquility necessary to not give up anything, it is necessary to believe in ourselves and in the people around us, be they, friends or family. This is a selection of quotes about trust and honesty of confidence that will help you strengthen yours.
1. If people like you, they will listen to you, but if they trust you, they will do business with you (Zig Ziglar)
This reflection, lets us see that to inspire confidence we not only need to treat people with dignity.
2. It does not bother me that you lied to me, it bothers me that from now on I can not believe you (Friedrich Nietzsche)
We have to assume what it takes to break the trust of others.
3. The trust of the innocent is the most useful tool of the liar (Stephen King)
Sometimes it can be the Achilles heel of a person.
4. The best way to know if you can trust someone is to trust (Ernest Hemingway)
You have to get carried away, as it is the only way to overcome fears.
5. Go with confidence in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined (Henry David Thoreau)
A tip that David Thoreau.
6. Do not trust people who tell you other people’s secrets (Dan Howell)
… since they lack the confidence placed in them.
7. The way to develop self-confidence is to do what you fear and keep track of your successful experiences (William Jennings Bryan)
Reading them once in a while can be a comforting and exciting experience.
8. It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it (Warren Buffett)
Some mistakes can cost us ** the faith in oneself **.
9. The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for ruined dreams (Elizabeth Gilbert)
We must constantly feed our hope.
10. When confidence is high, communication is easy, instantaneous and effective (Stephen R. Covey)
One of the phrases about trust that express the power of this psychological element.
11. Love everyone, trust a few, do not hurt anyone (William Shakespeare)
Following these maxims, we can launch ourselves to socialize without fear.
12. Trust more in the man who is always wrong than in the one who never doubts (Eric Sevareid)
… since this first will always be evaluating every decision to make.
13. Most good relationships are based on mutual trust and respect (Mona Sutphen)
They are the basis for any healthy relationship.
14. Having faith is trusting yourself when you are in the water. When you swim you do not grab the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead, you relax and flee (Alan W. Watts)
The act of trusting makes your attitude more productive, as it leads us to collaborate.
15. People who are totally and fully trusted will restore that trust (Abraham Lincoln)
… since you will also be an example of inspiration to imitate.
16. It is mutual trust, rather than mutual interest, that holds human groups together (HL Mencken)
With that base, many projects can be initiated.
17. Changes of fortune prove the reliability of friends (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
An opportunity in which trust is put to the test.
18. You gain strength, courage and, confidence in every experience in which you really stop to look at fear in the face (Eleanor Roosevelt)
After that, you never become the same again.
19. Learning to trust is one of the most difficult tasks in life (Isaac Watts)
And you have to try to take care of them.
20. Never trust anyone, Daniel, especially the people you admire. These are the ones that will make you suffer the worst blows (Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
When loyalty has been broken.
Famous Quotes about Trust and honesty
21. Trust is created when someone is vulnerable and does not take advantage of it (Bob Vanourek)
… because in this also lies the value of trust, respect.
22. Age seems to be the best ally in four things; old wood is the best to burn, old wine is the best to drink, old friends to trust and old authors to read (Francis Bacon)
For Bacon, in this phrase of trust, the years bring much wisdom and knowledge.
23. I prefer to trust in the instinct of a woman than in the reason of a man (Stanley Baldwin)
For Baldwin, in the traditionally feminine intuitive character there is a logic that makes him reliable.
24. Optimism is the faith that leads to success. Nothing can be done without hope and trust (Helen Keller)
And also the energy that takes our steps towards our goals.
25. He who does not trust enough will not be trustworthy (Lao Tzu)
Apparently, a quite strict rule for this type of cases.
26. People who have problems of trust need only look in the mirror. There they will meet the person who will most betray them (Shannon L. Alder)
An interesting reflection on our first saboteurs.
27. He who is careless with the truth in small matters can not be trusted in important matters (Albert Einstein)
Since his word lacks force.
28. Trust is like blood pressure. It is silent, vital for health, and if it is abused it can be deadly (Frank Sonnenberg)
A pretty deep description of trust.
29. Live life as if nobody was watching and express yourself as if everyone were listening (Nelson Mandela)
To follow these tips you must fill yourself with a lot of security in you.
30. Keep your promises and be consistent. Be the kind of person that others can trust (Roy T. Bennett)
This way you will achieve the good disposition of the people.
31. They may fool you if you trust too much, but you will live in a torment unless you do not trust enough (Frank Crane)
A bad experience can not determine everything.
32. Love cannot live where there is no trust (Edith Hamilton)
Since it feeds on her always.
33. Trust in you, and you will know how to live (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
Since you will be more attentive to yourself and your needs.
34. When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things (Joe Namath)
When trust is an engine of life.
35. You must trust and believe in people, otherwise, life becomes impossible (Anton Chekhov)
Since you will enter a world full of fears and vacillations.
36. Consistency is the true basis of trust. Either keep your promises or do not keep them (Roy T. Bennett)
That makes people see us with more confidence.
37. Trust is difficult to achieve. That’s why my circle of friends is small and compact. I am very special when making new friends (Eminem)
This phrase of confidence reflects how this element manifests itself in your life.
38. Trust is difficult. Know who to trust, even more (Maria V. Snyder)
Many times our fear of failure is greater than the degree to which we believe in ourselves.
39. I do not trust people who do not love each other and they say ‘I love you’. There is an African saying that says: be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt (Maya Angelou)
Another deep phrase about trust and how it guarantees us as trustworthy and integral beings.
40. Trust your instinct to the end, even if you can not agree with it (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
All learning can be exploited, so we must not underestimate our knowledge.
41. After all, what does it mean to be in love if you can not trust a person? (Evelyn Waugh)
It would be like a fantasy or a mirage in the middle of the desert.
42. Your distrust worries me and your silence offends me (Miguel de Unamuno)
Enough elements to determine a weakened relationship.
43. Only those you trust can betray you (Terry Goodkind)
For, to consider treason, the person must be or have shown a lot of loyalty to you.
44. It is not easy to give your loyalty to someone you do not know, especially when that person decides to reveal nothing of himself (Megan Whalen Turner)
It’s like trying to break a wall with a spoon.
45. Being reliable is a greater compliment than being loved (George MacDonald)
… because it meets sublime characteristics.
Best Quotes about Trust and honesty
46. If we can let go and trust that things will work the way they should, without trying to control the outcome, then we can begin to enjoy the moment more fully. The joy of freedom that it brings becomes more pleasurable than the experience itself (Goldie Hawn)
When the term of trust goes hand in hand with that of freedom.
47. Go with confidence in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined (Henry David Thoreau)
Because we only have one chance.
48. It’s okay to be afraid. Being afraid means that you are about to do something really, really brave (Mandy Hale)
So you have to know our emotions to know how to decant them.
49. Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved. (William Paul Young)
It is one of the important elements to love.
50. I do not care as much for what I am for others as for what I am for myself (Michel de Montaigne)
The first person we have to convince is ourselves.
51. Love and doubt have never been on good terms (Khalil Gibran)
They destroy each other.
52. For there to be betrayal, there should first be trust (Suzanne Collins)
It is the most indispensable requirement.
53. Leadership requires five ingredients: intelligence, energy, determination, trust and ethics. The key challenge today is the exercise of the last two: trust and ethics (Fred Hilmer)
We must plant in ourselves these elements to guarantee trust in others and adopt a leadership role .
54. We are paying the highest tax you can pay a man. We trust that he does the right thing. It’s that simple (Harper Lee)
A great challenge for everyone.
55. The love of a dog is something pure. He gives you a confidence that is total. You must not betray him (Michel Houellebecq)
Accurate example to understand the relationship between trust and loyalty.
56. You will break your promise. I get it. And I hold my hands over the ears of my heart, so as not to hate you (Catherynne M. Valente)
This phrase of Valente gives us premises on how to face distrust.
57. Few delights can match the mere presence of someone we trust completely (George MacDonald)
It is an expensive honor to achieve.
58. I never trust people without appetite. It’s as if they were always hiding something from you (Haruki Murakami)
For Murakami, the appetite is an important element to gain confidence.
59. Realize that if a door is closed, it is because what was behind was not for you (Mandy Hale)
Everything happens because of something and we must be open to learning from it.
60. The glue that binds all relationships (including relationships between the leader and his flock) is trust, and trust is based on integrity (Brian Tracy)
It is what we do to confirm our principles and values.
61. You would not worry about what others think of you if you realized how little they do (Eleanor Roosevelt)
So we must show more interest in knowing ourselves.
62. Do not be afraid to be eccentric in opinion, because every opinion now accepted was once eccentric (Bertrand Russell)
Be a person who tries to innovate.
Quotes about trust love and honesty
63. You have to wait for things from yourself before you can do them (Michael Jordan)
… since that will empower you to be able to achieve them.
64. Believe in you, have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence of your power, you can not be successful or happy (Norman Vincent Peale)
Trust is everything to achieve success and happiness.
65. Man often becomes what he thinks about himself. If I keep telling myself that I can not do something, I may end up being unable to do so. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I will surely acquire the ability to do so, even if I can not at first (Mahatma Gandhi)
We are what we say we are and how we are motivated to achieve it .
66. A great man is always willing to be small (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
… since he trusts in himself that he does not close to any experience.
67. The eyes of others are our prisons; your thoughts our cages (Virginia Woolf)
We must locate ourselves more in what really motivates us.
68. Success is most often achieved by those who do not know that failure is inevitable (Coco Chanel)
Focusing your energies on surrounding yourself with people with these characteristics is important.
69. If you hear a voice inside you that says “you can not paint”, paint by all means and that voice will be silenced (Vincent Van Gogh)
Action makes merit, and that is why you have to believe in yourself.
70. Your trusting idiocy knows no limits (Cassandra Clare)
We must be more attentive to the things we live.
Quotes about trust love and honesty
Quotes about trust and honesty in a relationship: Thoughts about security, openness, honesty, and loyalty in relationships, with our friends and the people around us. The doubts, the suspicion, and the falsehood, that cause so much damage and so much pain sometimes cause no reason.
Reflections on those feelings of the human being and what to do with them, trust, be sincere, frank, honest, loyal or instead distrust, doubt and be wary of our partner, our friends and the people around us.
Thoughts to meditate on whether it is worth the suspicion, the intrigue, and the distrust or only make us see what sometimes does not exist and make us unhappy.
Honesty and Trust Quotes
1. DISTRUST creates thorns in love and SINCERITY disappears.
2. LOVE and DOUBT have never harmonized, there is always a wall between the two, called “distrust”.
3. Forgiveness is not denied to anyone, but trust never recovers.
4. The really important thing is NOT having someone to leave with, but someone with whom it is worth staying.
5. Through the eyes we can see who loves us, but only through time will we know who loves us.
6. If you want a couple who does not argue with you, who does not make you dramas and who is not jealous, then look for someone who does not love you.
7. The ideal is to find someone who does not have to lose you, to realize that he had found you.
8. With whom you learn to love, you learn to cry and if life wants it, happiness will come, otherwise, you will learn to forget over time.
9. The trick is to let go of your hands and stay together.
10. To achieve what you want, first, have the courage to let go of what you DO NOT want.
11. Trust is not knowing everything about our partner, it is when we do NOT need to know.
Bible Verses about trust and honesty in a relationship
Confidence is defined as “Firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something” according to the Oxford dictionary. The Bible tells us that we believe God because He is faithful, true and powerful. Here is a selection of biblical verses on this subject.
Wait for Jehovah;
Strive, and your heart be encouraged;
Yes, wait for Jehovah. (Psalm 27:14)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own prudence.
Acknowledge him in all your ways,
and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3: 5-6)
But I have trusted in your mercy;
My heart will rejoice in your salvation.
(Psalm 13: 5)
The haughty of courage arouses strife;
But he who trusts in Jehovah will prosper. (Proverbs 28:25)
You will keep in complete peace the one whose thought in you perseveres; because in you he has trusted.
Quotes about having trust issues in a relationship
I leave you the best quotes about trust issues in a relationship in the couple, in oneself or in love, of excellent authors like Machiavelli, Confucius, Mahatma Gandhi, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Dalai Lama, Goethe and many more.
- -It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them. -Confucius.
- – In a world full of mistrust, we must dare to believe. -Michael Jackson.
- – To distrust is always a mistake, to trust always is also a mistake. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
- -The greatest achievements of the human mind are generally received with distrust. -Arthur Schopenhauer.
- -If you can be above the initial mistrust that people have over strangers, you can do extraordinary things. -Pierre Omidyar.
Hope You guys like the article on Quotes about Trust and honest. If you want to add more quotes