If positive and cheerful thoughts do not accompany you, nothing better than reading this article “short positive quotes to live by“.
There are positive quotes with so much power that they are able to motivate us and change our way of seeing life to a greater extent than whole books or one-hour talks.
Even positive thoughts can be a driver of change, something that brings us closer to the personal transformation we seek while making you more optimistic.
That is why, both in the field of psychotherapy and in our day to day, it is common to use these bits of wisdom to encourage a shift towards optimism in the way of seeing things.
Related articles: Quotes that touch the soul and heart
The 125 short positive quotes to live by
If you think that reflections and optimistic thoughts are capable of moving mountains, you will like to read this selection with 125 short positive quotes for your day by which are they have applicable on many contexts of daily life.
1. Life starts every five minutes
This is an idea of the Catalan comedian and presenter Andreu Buenafuent. It refers to the possibility of breaking certain ideas that bind us to the past to create something new constantly.
2. You will find meaning in life if you believe it.
This affirmation, whose authorship is of Osho, translates the philosophy of the existentialist philosophers into the language of positive and motivating phrases. We can make everything we do be connected to something meaningful to us.
3. Where one door closes, another opens
This is a saying that appears written in the famous novel Don Quixote de la Mancha, by Miguel de Cervantes. Although in this work appears in a passage of comic dyes (usual in the picaresque novel), is often used to refer to the capacity of choice and personal development that we always have, even in the most adverse situations.
4. My mistakes were seeds
This is one of the best positive statements of the artist and promoter of Psychology Alejandro Jodorowsky. Thinking positive implies making a new reading about what we understand by mistakes, which are never a path to any part but, in any case, to the opportunity to learn from experience.
5. If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade
One of the classics among the positive phrases is this recommendation of the self-help pioneerDale Carnegie. In it is the essential idea of the possibility of using crises to emerge reinforced from them.
6. Discard sadness and melancholy. Life is kind, it has a few days and only now we have to enjoy it
This phrase is part of the legacy of the Spanish poet Federico García Lorca. It emphasizes the idea of not recreating ourselves in thoughts that take us away from well-being.
7. Happiness is not something done. It comes from your own actions
This phrase of the Dalai Lama appeared in the selection of motivating phrases, but it is practically obligatory to mention it as one of the best positive phrases. Although sometimes happiness may seem a kind of supernatural force that has to accompany us throughout our lives, this is not just the result of actions and decisions. Something that is generated with our interaction with the environment.
8. Positive people change the world, while the negative keeps it as it is
Phrase of anonymous authorship that offers an original interpretation of what is optimism. Of course, nothing like being a person who faces the day to day with good vibrations to improve reality.
9. A strongly positive attitude will create more miracles than any drug
Patricia Neal emphasizes the power of the will at the moment of transforming us as people.
10. Everything can have beauty, even the most horrible
Frida Kahlo, probably the most famous Mexican artist in history, talks to us about beauty as something that can be seen anywhere if you have the right glasses.
Beautiful Positive quotes to live by
11. No one who has given the best of himself has regretted
George Halas sums up the reason why it makes sense to pursue one’s goals and make the most of it, as one of the keys to being proud of oneself and happy with life.
12. Fall in love with your existence
Jack Kerouac is a mine of positive and vitalist phrases, but this captures his passionate spirit especially well. A bomb-proof vitality.
13. Everyone has the capacity to change themselves
The psychologist Albert Ellis, creator of rational emotive therapy, talks in this way about human potentialities and our ability to adapt to situations.
14. There is a motive force more powerful than steam, electricity and atomic energy: the will
Albert Einstein is prodigal in positive and inspiring phrases, and this one here is a good example of that. Willpower can be powerful and it is possible to invest it in an infinite variety of projects.
15. You are never too old to have another goal or another dream
CS Lewis, famous for being the author of The Chronicles of Narnia, also demonstrated good inventiveness in finding ways to express positive thoughts. It is this phrase, refers to our ability to create projects and objectives throughout our lives. Let’s get to it.
16. Let’s be realistic and do the impossible
Ernesto Che Guevara establishes a paradox between what is supposed to not materialize and what, because of willpower, is carried out. One of the most popular positive phrases and one of the most inspiring among political circles.
17. The triumph of the true man arises from the ashes of error
The famous Chilean poet Pablo Neruda reflects on the need to make mistakes to achieve solid victories. The error also generates very valuable apprenticeships.
18. Do not cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
Gabriel García Márquez has left us with many positive phrases full of optimism, and this is possibly the best known of them all. It teaches us to face the small moments of life with an attitude that radiates good vibrations.
19. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement; nothing can be done without hope
Helen Keller appeals to optimism as a force that leads to goals.
20. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
The French philosopher Jean Jacques Rousseau thus encourages not to be discouraged by the lack of short-term incentives in projects that, viewed globally, have the power to excite.
Short positive quotes to live the day to day with optimism
21. Every problem has a gift in your hands for you
Richard Bach talks about the paradox that lives in the challenges: an experience that at first repels us may contain something that we look for and that is good for us.
22. Even the darkest night will end with sunrise
Victor Hugo believes that bad moments disappear by their very nature and that they give way to episodes of much more positive change.
23. If you look at the Sun, you will not see the shadows
With another mention to the star king, Hellen Keller encourages us to direct our attention towards the positive aspects of life.
24. Happiness usually sneaks through a door that you did not know you had left open
A thought of John Barrymore. In line with other positive phrases, here we talk about happiness as something that appears spontaneously, without looking for it.
25. Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher
Maya Watson believes that even unpleasant experiences have a positive background if you learn from them.
26. The only ones interested in changing the world are the pessimists, because the optimists are delighted with what there is
José Saramago makes us see that, perhaps, an excess of optimism can be sedative. In the measure is the taste.
27. I am optimistic. It does not seem very useful to be anything else
Winston Churchill advocated optimism, if only for a matter of pragmatism.
28. Everyone thinks about changing the world, but nobody thinks about changing himself
Alexei Tolstoy teaches us the importance of looking at oneself first, then showing our positive aspects.
29. People change when they realize the potential they have to change reality
The Brazilian novelist Paulo Coelho is one of the great authors of famous phrases. In this, it gives us to understand that only knowing our potential can we motivate ourselves to create new things.
Simple positive quotes to live the day
30. Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: “If today was the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am going to do today?”. If the answer is “No” for too many consecutive days, I know I should change something
The creator of Apple Steve Jobs, who died in 2011, was a great innovator and gave us master classes to live the day to day with enthusiasm.
31. Laugh every day and you have not wasted a single moment of your life
An anonymous phrase that reminds us that we should smile more often.
32. If we exaggerate our joys, as we do with our sorrows, our problems would lose importance
This quote, given by the French writer Anatole France, gives us faith that we tend to give more importance to the bad than to the good. Why do not we change our mentality?
33. It is good to have joy at home and not have to look for it outside
The German poet Goethe, one of the most brilliant thinkers in history, remembers that happiness is not found a thousand kilometers from home.
34. When hope springs up, the heart takes advantage and begins to act on its own
This quote from Haruki Murakami reveals the influence of our desires on our body and mind.
35. The real big ones are the big ones
Those who manage to achieve success and be happy are those who have enough tenacity to always pull forward. Great thought of Francisco de Quevedo.
36. What does not kill you makes you stronger
Nietzsche wants to express that all experiences strengthen us.
37. The truest wisdom is a resolute determination
The military Napoleon Bonaparte describes wisdom as the ability to face challenges with ease and desire.
38. Failure is a good opportunity to start over with more intelligence
Henry Ford transforms his pragmatic philosophy into a very versatile positive phrase.
39. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to persecute them
Walt Disney points out that even a positive mindset is often a challenge in itself.
40. The best way to predict the future is to create it
Abraham Lincoln, on the horizon of possibilities offered by the future.
41. Having fewer keys allows more doors to open
A positive quote from Alex Morritt to find optimism even in those situations where we seem to have few options.
42. A healthy attitude is contagious. Let others get impregnated with it
The irrational nature of the positive attitude can be a great advantage when it comes to relating with others. Quote by Charles F. Glassman.
43. Perpetual optimism is a multiplier of forces
The positive mentality is, in addition to something pleasant in itself, a resource that provides efficiency. The quote is from Colin Powell and one of the best related to Short Positive Quotes to Live by.
44. The best way to forget the bad things in life is to learn to remember the good things
A quote from Mark Amend to remind us of the importance of knowing how to focus our attention.
45. When a door closes, many more open
The possibilities and windows of opportunity vary constantly, and you have to know how to see them, as this famous phrase by Bob Marley says.
46. It always seems impossible until it is done
This is one of those positive phrases in which we are reminded that before facing a challenge we do not always value our possibilities in a realistic way, even if it seems to us. The appointment is by Nelson Mandela.
47. Correction does a lot, but bravery does more
According to Goethe, the value of undertaking projects and facing challenges is, in itself, something that moves us forward.
48. Believes that life deserves to be lived and belief will help create the fact
The famous psychologist William James, on the importance of examining our ideas and attitudes before trying to examine the world and explore our possibilities.
49. If you can dream it, you can do it
A perfect example of one of those positive phrases in which our ability to imagine big opportunities is praised, and how beneficial it is. Walt Disney Quote.
50. I am grateful to everyone who said no. Thanks to them I’m doing it for myself
Albert Einstein, on how to look with good eyes even the episodes of our life in which doors seem to close.
51. Enthusiasm moves the world
The power of an attitude not only affects our life, but has repercussions throughout society. This quote is from Arthur Balfour.
52. The power of imagination makes us infinite
An interpretation for this phrase by John Muir could be the following: imagine is to find options where before there were not
53. Without rain there would be no rainbow
Some positive parts of our life only happen because sad scenes have occurred before. The author is Gilbert Chesterton.
54. Within the difficulty lies the opportunity
Albert Einstein, about the opportunities that come hand in hand with challenges.
55. Once you have chosen the option of hope, anything is possible
The fact of believing in a better future allows us to make this more possible. Phrase by Christopher Reeve.
56. A powerful tree can be born from a small seed
Aeschylus, on the need to value the small until it becomes a source of potential.
57. In life there are as many special occasions as we choose to celebrate them
The product of our optimism is, in part, in the way we look at it. Phrase of Robert Braul.
58. Life has no limitations other than what one puts oneself
Although the limitations appear to be the product of a rational and realistic mentality, they are also partly imaginary, according to Les Brown.
59. Who is happy will make others happy
Happiness and optimism as something social and shared. Quote from Anne Frank.
60. Miracles are born from our difficulties
In line with other positive phrases, this one by Jean de la Bruyere tells us that challenges are windows of possibility. Also, One of the good Short Positive Quotes to Live by.
61. Winning is not everything, but wanting to win yes
Vince Lombardi, on the need to maintain a winning mentality.
62. Believe that you can and you have already done halfway
Part of our personal progress is so discreet that it seems almost invisible, and is found in the kind of mentality and thoughts we cultivate. Quote from Theodore Roosevelt.
63. It’s never too late to be who you could have been
This quote from George Eliot tells us that there is no reason to believe that our time to go for something has passed.
64. No matter how slow you walk while you walk
For Confucius, the fact of progressing is in itself something that we should value upwards.
65. Dreaming is a way to make plans
Even in the most irrational desires and fantasies there are possible plans and strategies that can benefit us. The phrase is from Gloria Steinem.
66. Learning is a gift. Even pain is a teacher
A positive phrase about the infinite variety of situations from which we can draw lessons. The quote is from Maya Watson.
67. If you can change your mind, you can change the world
William James, once again. The phrase emphasizes the role of our mental and private world when it comes to discussing how we live our lives.
68. The difference between winning and losing is usually not giving up
Walt Disney, about the good thing about keeping alive long-term projects.
69. No matter the situation, remember this idea: “I have options”
In this phrase of Deepak Chopra also in this phrase emphasizes the way in which our ideas carve our world.
70. Life is not happening to you. Life is answering you
A beautiful positive phrase of unknown authorship in which it expresses to what extent we are active subjects of our lives.
71. When the road seems impossible, turn on the engine
You have to keep in mind the importance of having an ace up your sleeve. Phrase of Benny Bellamacina.
72. The only disability in life is bad attitude
In this sentence of Scott Hamilton emphasizes to what extent the negative thoughts can be a brake.
73. Make your optimism come true
To succeed is, in part, to put into practice the positive ideas that you have. Unknown authorship.
74. Learn to smile in any situation. Take it as an opportunity to express your strength
The practical power of smiles as something that changes our reality. The author is Joe Brown.
75. We can not control the wind, but we can adjust the sails
In this anonymous phrase is expressed to what point every inevitable event has a slope that we can control.
76. My optimism wears heavy boots and it’s noisy
Optimism and positive attitude are noted and sometimes speak for us. At least in the case of the musician Henry Rollins, author of the phrase.
77. Pessimism leads to weakness and optimism to power
William James, on the limitation of pessimism and the productive of the positive mentality.
78. Life changes very quickly, and in a positive way, if you leave it
The goals that one day seem unattainable can be part of the present if we create the opportunities for it. Phrase Lindsey Vonn.
79. The most important thing is to stay positive
The positive mentality is a necessary basis to build from it. The quote is from Saku Koivu. Short Positive Quotes to Live by.
80. The only difference between a bad day and a good day is your attitude
A positive phrase by Dennis S. Brown in the line of those that emphasize the importance of the mentality to generate optimism from situations.
81. Positive thinking will let you use the skills you have, and that’s fantastic
Optimism makes it easier for us to develop our potential, according to Zig Ziglar.
82. To have a positive attitude is to ask yourself how something can be done, rather than saying that it can not be done
Here the importance of transforming the positive attitude into a source of potential is expressed. Phrase of Bo Bennett.
83. When you think positive, things happen
For Matt Kemp, the fact of maintaining a certain mentality helps to see moments in which beneficial situations can be created.
85. No matter who you meet throughout your life, you will take something from them, either positive or negative
According to Gary Allan, even what seems like a waste of time or something extremely harmful makes us evolve as people.
86. Keep a positive mind and laugh at everything
One of the clearest and most transparent positive phrases. In fact, it’s an order! Phrase by Alexandra Roach.
87. Your heart is full of seeds waiting to germinate
For Morihei Ueshiba, the potential of our most passionate and irrational part is often hidden.
88. Surround yourself with positive people
A tip that can be followed by both people who are optimistic and those who are not. Phrase of Melanie Fiona.
89. Do not cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
Here it is emphasized that the positive mentality can also be focused on the past. Quote from Dr. Seuss.
90. The negative is as important as the positive
In this sentence Ellsworth Kelly talks about the need to take into account both the bad and the good in order to see both realms with perspective.
91. Try again. Fails again. Fails better.
Samuel Beckett, on the positive side of seeing failure as a source of personal growth.
92. Write in your heart that every day is the best day of your life
The philosophy based on “live the moment” is expressed in this phrase by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
93. Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them
A phrase that reminds us that the positive is extracted from the control we gain over difficulties. Phrase of Steve Maraboli.
94. All things are difficult until they are easy
Thomas Fuller emphasizes the ease that human beings have when it comes to learning and making the challenges of yesterday are what we get used to.
95. Life has no remote control. Get up and change it by your own means
One of those positive phrases (in this case, Mark A. Cooper) that could also serve to motivate at work or in any project undertaken.
96. A better world is not only possible, but it is coming
An alternative explanation would be that the best is yet to come. Phrase of Arundhati Roy.
97. The best type of happiness is the habit you are passionate about
Shannon L. Alder left a reminder about how positive things should happen to our day to day.
98. Aspire to be the person you most admire
Quote from Deborah A. Carr to remind us that the most important audience is oneself.
99. We are gods in a chrysalis
A positive and poetic phrase by Dale Carnegie that expresses the unsuspected power that each one keeps in himself.
100. Look back and smile at the past dangers
The challenges not only serve to be overcome, but also to examine them in retrospect. Walter Scott phrase.
101. Love is that micro-moment of warmth and connection that we share with another living being
Barbara L. Fredrickson talks about the nice times we spent connecting with someone.
102. The good life is a process, not a state
Carl Rogers, one of the references of humanistic psychology, talks about happiness as something that has to do with the way we move, how we live day to day.
103. There is no failure, only unfinished success
A phrase by the Hindu artist Ravi Varma, gives us an optimistic view of those situations that do not follow our expectations.
104. Loving oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance
The writer Oscar Wilde left us this reflection on self-esteem and its positive implications.
105. Happiness is not out there for us to find, and the reason for that is that it is within us
One of the positive statements of the researcher Sonja Lyubomirsky, about happiness.
106. I walk slowly, but I never walk back
This positive phrase of Abraham Lincoln points out the importance that patience has in our lives.
107. A good laugh heals many wounds
The American writer Madeleine L’Engle talks about the power of joy and good humor.
108. No matter the age, there is always something good to overcome
Lynn Johnston brings a happy vision about the capacities that characterize us in each stage of our life.
109. Victory is always possible for those who refuse to surrender
The writer Napoleon Hill, in one of his positive and at the same time motivating phrases.
110. The most noble and beautiful things in life are not made for us to hear stories about them, to read about their existence or to see them, but to be lived
Søren Kierkegaard, one of the pioneers of existentialism, talks about the nature of the experiences that mean the most to us.
111. Music is the poetry of the air
A positive quotes of the German writer Jean Paul Richter that, in addition, gives us a very nice vision about the nature of music.
112. True love stories never end
For Richard Bach the love stories are always in the memories, even if their protagonists disappear.
113. A friend is someone you dare to be yourself with
A reflection of Frank Crane about friendship and what unites us.
114. If you have never failed, you have never lived
For the journalist and writer Hunter S. Thompson the errors were perfectly integrated into life and into our existence, so we do not have to mourn for them.
115. Miracles are born from difficulties
One of those positive phrases that focus on the good in the bad. In this case, the author is the French writer Jean de la Bruyère.
116. Life is like jazz… better if improvised
An inspiring phrase by the composer and pianist George Gershwin.
117. To combat frustration, we must find a balance between the individual and the collective: learn to manage our attention and share the world with others
This famous quote is from the Spanish social psychologist Adrián Triglia.
118. If you give light, the darkness will go by itself
A reflection of Erasmus of Rotterdam on our ability to do good and the impact that has on our lives.
119. The world is full of magic that waits patiently for our ingenuity to be refined
A phrase of the philosopher Bertrand Russell about the capacity of the world to surprise us.
120. Man has never made a material as resilient as the resilient soul
The philosopher Bernard Williams speaks here about resilience and its power in our lives.
121. Light tomorrow with today!
The poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning offers one of the positive phrases that, more than a tip, seem like orders (whose fulfillment is not an unpleasant task, though).
122. We live about 30,000 days, and in each one of them we decided to change our reality… or else let’s get carried away
A reflection of Bertrand Regader, Spanish psychologist and writer.
123. Thought is overrated. You have to think less and feel more
The Valencian psychologist Nacho Cóller reflects on the anxiety of overdoing things.
124. We live about 30,000 days, and in each one of them we decided to change our reality… or else let ourselves be carried away
A reflection of Bertrand Regader, Spanish psychologist and writer.
125. Grief is necessary at certain moments of life. Equally necessary to know how to return to our existence certain objectives that encourage us to continue
We close this collection of positive and optimistic phrases with this extract from a book by Jonathan García-Allen.
Short Positive Quotes to Live by makes Your day to day, much more positive from now on
So far the selection of short positive quotes. If you miss any, you can suggest and provide extra recommendations to complete the list of positive thoughts, adding the name of the author or author, and probably add it in this article.
Hopefully, they will help you to face each new day with joy. Encourage and move forward with more strength than ever.