There are many thinkers and artists who throughout history have reflected quotes that touch the soul and on the great issues of life.
Love, friendship, imagination… all the ideas that occupy much of our thoughts have been explored by important figures who, although they have not arrived at all the answers, have illuminated inspiring quotes that touch the soul and help us to better understand the reality.
The best spiritual quotes that touch the soul
Below you will find a selection of 55 quotes that will touch your soul and give you clues about new inspiring ways to understand what surrounds you.
Related article: Inspirational quotes about love and relationships
1. You can not find peace by avoiding life – Virginia Woolf
A reflection on those things that we refuse to face.
2. We have been put here to learn lessons that will make us more complete souls – Eric Pearl
One of the phrases about the meaning of life. In this case, Eric Pearl speaks about a purpose based on a type of transcendental learning.
3. Living in love implies being reborn in love – Vanessa Aguilar
The change that can involve incorporating love in our way of seeing and doing things comes to transform us completely.
4. The heart has reasons that reason ignores – Blaise Pascal
There is a logic of its own in everything that is done through love.
5. Miracles are born from difficulties – Jean de la Bruyére
In difficult moments there are opportunities that seem impossible.
6. We are made of a thousand others, the illusion is the “I” that pretends to be only one – Jean-Bertrand Pontalis
A reflection on the identity and the consistency of our actions.
7. All knowledge is hurtful – Cassandra Clare
Being aware of relevant things can lead to pain.
8. Everything you can imagine is real – Pablo Picasso
To what extent what we imagine is less real than what we perceive through the senses?
9. An open book is a talking brain; closed, it’s a waiting friend – Indian Proverb
You can talk about the books and knowledge they treasure using such beautiful metaphors as this one.
10. The occasion must be created – Francis Bacon
One of the most inspiring and famous phrases by Francis Bacon.
Quotes that touch the heart and soul
11. Our life expresses the result of our dominant thoughts – Soren Kierkegaard
This existentialist philosopher reflects in this sentence about the essential component that our actions reveal.
12. Intuitions are the whisper of the soul – Jiddu Krishnamurti
A poetic way of interpreting the nature of hunches.
13. To have something you never had to do something you never did – Anonymous
You have to risk changing to get new results.
14. Life is like jazz… better if improvised – George Gershwin
Elegant reflection on the value of the most passionate and improvised component of life.
15. If we do not love others we do not love ourselves – Hugh Prather
Loving is an action that must be done in all directions, according to Hugh Prather.
16. The ignorant affirm, the wise doubt and reflect – Aristotle
Paradoxically, wisdom consists in not definitively giving any response.
17. There is only one type of happiness in this life: love and be loved – George Sand
A very transparent phrase about the main component of happiness.
18. Where words fail, music speaks – Hans Christian Andersen
Music goes beyond language to express feelings.
19. A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to behave as you are – Jim Morrison
An appreciation of what makes a friendship authentic.
20. Those who do not move do not notice their chains – Rosa Luxemburg
Conformism makes situations of injustice camouflaged.
Love quotes that touch the soul
21. The smile is a hint of happiness that you’ll find right under your nose – Tom Wilson
A nice and simple sentence about the value of smiles.
22. The mirrors are used to see the face, and the art to see the soul – George Bernard Shaw
Through this comparison, George Bernard Shaw emphasizes the transcendental value of art.
23. I would give everything I know for half of what I do not know – René Descartes
A phrase with Aristotelian echoes about how much we ignore in our lives.
24. Nothing you can hear is more important than your smile – Connie Stevens
Happiness is an essential component of our lives.
25. You can not have a positive life with a negative mind – Joyce Meyer
We must maintain consistency in the way we think and in the objectives we have.
26. This world is a canvas for our imagination – Henry David Thoreau
A creative and joyful way of seeing everything that surrounds us.
27. Music can change the world because it can change people – Bonus
The transformative power of music is emphasized in this phrase.
28. Beauty is power and the smile is his sword – John Ray
In this very visual way, John Ray talks about the power of the beautiful.
29. Learning without thinking is wasting energy – Confucius
Learning and exploration through thought must go hand in hand, for this ancient philosopher.
30. Music is the poetry of the air – Jean Paul Richter
A very poetic way of defining what music is.
31. Youth is a gift of nature, but old age is a work of art – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
Youth and old age have their own luminous facets.
32. Look back and smile at the past dangers – Walter Scott
Appreciating one’s merits is a pleasure that should be enjoyed from time to time.
33. We only accept a truth when we first deny it from the bottom of the soul – Paulo Coelho
The most revealing truths come through a denial.
34. Do not find the fault, find the remedy – Henry Ford
Maintaining a constructive mind is essential to face the difficulties.
35. Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens – Jimi Hendrix
A characteristic in which wisdom and knowledge are opposed.
36. Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated – Confucius
The tendency to complicate our lives can cause us to distort the true nature of this.
37. The belly is filled with ease, but the spirit does not – Paco de Lucía
The needs of the spirit are the most difficult to satisfy.
38. Love is the only power capable of transforming an enemy into a friend – Martin Luther King
An action that expresses the creative power of love.
39. If you have never failed, you have never lived – Anonymous
Failures are part of life.
40. Be happy at this moment, this moment is your life – Omar Khayyam
The present is, in itself, life, what we experience directly.
41. Music cleanses the soul of the dust of everyday life – Berthold Auerbach
The healing action of music makes us feel restored.
42. Thanks to a look, a dream, a memory or a feeling we can come to recognize a soul mate – Brian Weiss
In the small details you can create intimate links with a person.
43. We are what we do repeatedly – Aristotle
The practice is what is forming our own identity.
44. The power of imagination makes us infinite – John Muir
The possibility of imagining makes our essence extend without limits.
45. Friends express their love in bad times – Euripides
The value of friendship is noticed when problems appear.
46. A man who is a teacher in patience is a teacher in everything else – George Savile
Patience is a capacity that allows you to master any art and any technique.
47. Doubt is one of the names of intelligence – Jorge Luis Borges
The ability to question everything makes us more intelligent and creative.
48. If you can not be a poet, be the poem – David Carradine
Transforming one’s life into a work of art is also a vital aspiration that we can embrace.
49. A single rose can be my garden, and a single friend, my world – Leo Buscaglia
From the simple, the truly significant is born, also in the field of friendship.
50. Who does not believe in miracles is not realistic – David Ben-Gurión
Miracles are part of reality, they are fused with it.
51. Where love reigns over the laws – Plato
The bonds that are created through love make the creation of formal norms unnecessary.
52. Correction does a lot, but bravery does more – Goethe
The impetus and boldness make us go far.
53. Look deeply at nature, and then you will understand everything much better – Albert Einstein
In the natural there are pieces of knowledge that are essentially valuable to understand what surrounds us.
54. Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth – John F. Kennedy
The ease of contentment can become a trap for our personal development.
55. Choose a job you love and you will not have to work any day of your life – Confucius
Incorporating pleasure into work makes it disappear as such.