Famous quotes about the misfortunes. A compilation of reflections to strengthen resilience and overcome bad times.
In this compilation of quotes about the misfortunes, you will find reflections of authors and historical figures as important as William Shakespeare, Confucius or Ruben Dario.
60 quotes about the misfortunes
The fear of avoiding falling into their domains is very great that sometimes that fear can lead us to make wrong decisions. And it is that misfortune, or fear of it, always lurks if it becomes one of our obsessions and we do not know how to manage our expectations well.
Read more: Shakespeare quotes about love and life.
Below you will find a selection of quotes of misfortunes that will help you to reflect in those adverse moments.
1. It is curious how far a disgrace results when it does not concern us personally (John Steinbeck)
2. Undeserved honor is the preamble to misfortune (Han Shan)
Expectations can turn into disappointments.
3. Unfortunate is the one that by that is had (Seneca)
A Seneca phrase about suggestion and induction towards sadness.
4. Fatality does not weigh on man every time he does something; but it weighs on him, unless he does something (Gilbert Keith Chesterton)
For Chesterton, it’s a responsibility issue.
5. Speaking of our misfortunes we relieve them (Pierre Corneille)
Speaking decreases the pain.
6. The unfortunate has no other medicine than hope (William Shakespeare)
A medicine that often does not arrive or is not real.
7. There is nothing more excused and even lost than counting the wretched his misfortunes to the one who has the breast full of contentment (Miguel de Cervantes)
You can expect little from a situation like that.
8. Because it is bottoming out, even in bitterness and degradation, where one gets to know who he is, and where he then begins to tread firmly (José Luis Sampedro)
When we reach the depths of an adverse situation.
9. There are many people who acquire the habit of being unhappy (George Eliot)
Sometimes we do everything possible to provoke misfortunes , making bad decisions.
10. Is not it sad to consider that only misfortune makes men brothers? (Benito Pérez Galdos)
For Perez Galdos the brotherhood has to live forever.
11. When misfortune comes, it never comes alone, but battalions (William Shakespeare)
It usually happens that one situation triggers another worse.
12. Pretty misfortune and quite confinement means living on an island (Abilio Estévez)
Phrase of this Cuban writer referring to the political situation of his country.
13. The greatest misfortune is to deserve misfortune (Jean de La Fontaine)
There are people who think they deserve to go through adversity.
14. Men in disgrace do not attract crowds, but curious (Francisco Martín Moreno)
People who can make you lose your time or mental health.
15. Unhappiness is the closest link in hearts (Jean de La Fontaine)
It opens a vulnerable and sensitive situation and makes it easy to contact in a more honest and intimate way with others.
16. In misfortunes we must remember the state of conformity with which we look at the others (Epictetus of Phrygia)
The philosopher Epictetus tries to make us reflect on the level of empathy we can have with others.
17. Said that are lost are greater misfortunes (Pedro Calderón de la Barca)
According to the value of them, the size of the penalty is measured.
18. Lying in the midst of misery, the soul sees a lot (Sophocles)
When by a reality hit we realize many things.
19. A man is the sum of his misfortunes It could be believed that unhappiness will end one day for getting tired, but then it is time that becomes our misery (William Faulkner)
An interesting reflection of Faulker.
20. Misfortune is the midwife of the virtues (Louis de Jaucourt)
In disgrace the virtues are forged.
21. Only misfortune can turn a heart of rock into a human heart (Fénelon)
The power of misery has a transforming effect.
22. Misfortune discovers to the soul lights that prosperity does not perceive (Blaise Pascal)
It shows the side that we rarely discover.
23. There is nothing for man but a true misfortune: to incur a fault and to have a reason for censure against himself (Jean de la Bruyere)
Quotes of misfortunes of Jean de la Bruyere, on self-concept.
24. When you have problems, people are afraid of getting infected … Misfortune is contagious (Katherine Pancol)
It is for that reason that in difficult times many people walk alone.
25. Most of our misfortunes are more bearable than the comments made by our friends (Charles Caleb Colton)
Sometimes disappointment comes in other ways.
26. The misfortune, when linking to me, taught me little by little another religion, different from the religion taught by men (George Sand)
In misery is a new spirituality.
27. The most unfortunate are those who cry the least (Jean-Baptiste Racine)
About not being able to express their emotions freely.
28. That head that proudly carries its misfortune, like a king its crown (Carlo Bini)
This phrase is for people who relapse into misery.
29. The most feared misfortunes are, ordinarily, those that never arrive (James Russell Lowell)
For Lowell, this type of misfortune is what causes us the greatest anxiety.
30. It is not good to be unhappy, but it is good to have been (Antoine Gombaud)
Because one can get to learn many lessons so as not to repeat them.
31. In life, the saddest thing is not to be totally unhappy, it is that we lack very little to be happy and we can not get it (Jacinto Benavente)
About not being able to complete our happiness.
32. To know the things that make one miserable, is already a kind of happiness (François de La Rochefoucauld)
Even more if we avoid them.
33. If you do not want to be unhappy treat catastrophes as annoyances, but in no way to the inconveniences as catastrophes (André Maurois)
You have to know how to approach and properly face each difficult situation.
34. Misfortune is a dead end. It leads directly to the wall. If you want to get rid of her, get away from her back. This way you will think that it recoils while you plant it face (Yasmina Khadra)
For Khadea it is important to know how to deal with misfortune.
35. The most unfortunate of all men is the one who believes he is (Fénelon)
When we pigeonholed in a single position.
36. Man can bear the misfortunes that are accidental and come from outside But suffer from own faults, that is the nightmare of life (Oscar Wilde)
Oscar Wilde’s quote of misery will always be an honest reflection.
Maybe you’re interested: “Oscar Wilde’s best Quotes“
37. The ruined man reads his condition in the eyes of others so quickly that he himself feels his fall (William Shakespeare)
When we project our experience in the other.
38. Misfortune is also necessary to discover certain mysterious mines hidden in human intelligence (Alexandre Dumas)
In all the circumstances of life we learn something.
39. My life has been full of terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened (Michel de Montaigne)
When you live inside a lie and even worse when they have had an effect on you.
40. Abhorre the mouths that predict eternal misfortunes (Rubén Darío)
For Rubén Darío, we must avoid playing with the future.
41. (…) All the misfortunes of the world were born of the many lies, those told on purpose, but also the involuntary lies, caused by haste or inaccuracy (Michael Ende)
An interesting reflection of Ende about what can make us happy or unhappy.
42. Misfortunes, like fortune, only come when we have sought them with our acts (Confucius)
Everything has a consequence, and misery is one of them.
43. The little minds are domesticated and subjugated by misfortune, while the big ones overpower it (Washington Irving)
This phrase of misery can encourage a person who is going through a very difficult situation.
44. For greater misfortunes save the fortune of those who favor (Seneca)
It is a way to achieve security.
45. Even misfortune tires (Seneca)
Nothing lasts forever.
46. Unforeseen misfortune hurts us more strongly (Seneca)
When we are not prepared for difficult times.
47. Everyone is what they are, and they already have a lot of misfortune (José Luis Coll)
On the particular individualities of each human experience.
48. Light is the misfortune that can be suffered, and that which is not, brief (Seneca)
A way to differentiate misery.
49. There is no misfortune that there is no remedy (Seneca)
Every misfortune has a solution.
50. Misfortunes are useless to those who do not learn in them (Seneca)
Misfortune can be turned into something useful and constructive, we must take advantage of it.
51. Time makes misfortunes bearable (Seneca)
Whether due to laziness or training.
52. Misfortune is capable of opening the eyes even to the blind. She is a teacher who knows a lot, and a friend who does not cheat, like happiness (Ventura Ruiz Aguilera)
Unhappiness brings us back to reality with all its nuances.
53. Certain men have the talent to see a lot in everything. But they have the misfortune to see everything there is not, and nothing of what there is (Jaime Balmes)
It is a question of perspectives.
54. Who laughs last, of the misfortune of others, laughs best (Roberto Fontanarrosa)
Humor will always be a smart way to deal with this type of situation.
55. How the star of misfortune lit up in his life, which has a dull light, as you writers would say (Sergio Ramírez)
Ramirez deals with misfortune in a poetic way
56. Misfortune rarely comes alone (John Dryden)
Also attached are various events that are also elusive.
57. There is no greater pain than remembering happy times in misfortune (Dante Alighieri)
Yearnings of happy memories that make us feel miserable.
58. Death always knows how to connect vice with misfortune (Jindrich Styrsky)
An aphorism about the vices that accumulate until leading us to a situation in which there is no going back.
59. Do not laugh at a person in his misfortune (Quilón de Esparta)
It is the lowest expression of humanity that we can have.
60. Every creature in disgrace has the same right to be protected (Francis of Assisi)
Saint Francis of Assisi was known to always show mercy towards animals.
We hope that you guys like these 60 best quotes about misfortunes. Please share these quotes with your friends. And tell us in the comment section which quote is your favorite one.