Famous quotes of happiness and joy to value life. What famous quotes manage to awaken our best version?
In this article are compiled 75 short happiness and joy quotes made to make us more likely to live happily day to day.
Not only do they help to make us more optimistic, but many of them are also reflections of such important thinkers as Albert Einstein, Aristotle or Hellen Keller.
Happiness and joy quotes positive quotes for all tastes
Remember, in addition, that in this same web you can find other articles compilations of phrases, like the following ones:
75 happy phrases to be more positive
Let’s get to know the best 75 famous quotes that speak of feelings of happiness and joy. You are ready?
1. Things are beautiful if you love them
A clearly optimistic point of view is glimpsed in this phrase of Jean Anouilh.
2. There is only one form of happiness in life: love and be loved
George Sand pronounces one of the so frequent sentences of happiness related to love.
3. Those who want to sing always find a song
A Swedish proverb that also fits perfectly between the quotes of happiness and joy belonging to a
4. When you are true to yourself in what you do, fascinating things happen
Deborah Norville leaves us with a reflection on the wonders that hide our everyday realities.
5. Beauty is power, and a smile is your sword
An inspiring phrase by English naturalist John Ray.
6. Happiness is the ultimate purpose of human existence
One of the first happiness phrases in history, in this case, attributed to the father of philosophy in Europe, Aristotle.
7. Happiness is made to be shared
Pierre Corneille, about the fraternal part of happiness.
8. The purpose of our lives is to be happy
One of the most remembered phrases of the Dalai Lama is also one of the most popular phrases about happiness.
9. Life is either a great adventure or nothing
Hellen Keller, about the nature of life as something that has to be lived intensely.
10. The secret to having happiness is having something to do
John Burroughs, about the simplicity with which you can find what makes us happy.
11. You can be happy wherever you are
Joel Osteen says that there are no excuses that are worth to voluntarily stay out of happiness
12. There is happiness in duty, although it may not seem so
José Martí makes us see the good side of obligations and responsibilities.
13. Happiness is not something that is postponed, but something that is designed for the present
Jim Rohn links the state of happiness with what we experience in the here and now.
14. The joy lies in the joy of achievement and in the emotion of the creative effort
Franklin D. Roosevelt gives one of which, in his opinion, is a key to happiness.
15. Each time a door to happiness closes, another door opens immediately
Another of Halen Keller’s best-known happiness and joy quotes, about the opportunities that come constantly.
16. Independence is happiness
Susan B. Anthony relates the ability to choose freely with happiness.
17. Happiness appears when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony
One of the phrases of Gandhi in which a very particular vision is given about what is joy and happiness.
18. The time you enjoy losing it is not wasted time
Marthe Troly-Curtin gives us an excuse to continue doing what we like.
19. A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin. What else do you need to be happy?
One of the many positive quotes left by Albert Einstein, going beyond the scope in which he was an expert.
20. No matter where you go: there you are
Confucius leaves one of the most powerful positive phrases.
21. Happiness is inside you, not next to someone
Movie legend, Marilyn Monroe, about happiness and romantic relationships
22. Today I have nothing to do except smile
Paul Simon leaves this famous quote of happiness as simple as cheerful and inspiring.
23. Kind words, a warm book and an honest smile can work miracles
William Hazlitt, in one of those reflections that relate happiness with the small pleasures of everyday life.
24. The smile is a universal welcome
A way to see the usefulness of smiles, beyond borders. Quote Max Eastman.
25. An optimist is the human embodiment of spring
One of the most poetic happiness phrases, in this case of Susan J. Bissonette.
26. Smile, it’s a free therapy
Douglas Horton may err on the side of reductionism by comparing smiles with a form of therapy, but the result is a worthwhile image.
27. Being an optimist does not hurt anyone. You can always cry then
Lucimar Santos from Lima gives one more reason to stay with a positive mentality.
28. Laughter is a poison for fear
George RR Martin sees laughter from a somewhat martial point of view, but useful, in the end, to be more cheerful.
29. There is only one passion: the passion for happiness
The happiness embodied in the thought of Denis Diderot.
30. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier
Colin Powell in a phrase of happiness that is also motivating.
31. The term “happiness” would lose all its meaning if it were not compensated by sadness
The referent of the psychodynamic school, Carl Jung, about the relationship between happiness and sadness.
32. I enjoy my life because things do not go as planned.
Rohit Pandita makes us see with good face the apparent chaos of what happens in life.
33. Peace starts with a smile
Teresa de Calcuta puts the focus on the individual when talking about happiness.
34. Astonishment awaits us on every corner
A way to relate what is exciting with what we are used to in principle, by James Broughton.
35. Do not cry because it’s over, smile because it came to pass
One of the phrases of classic happiness of the famous architect of children’s stories, Dr. Seuss.
36. Live the life you love. Love the life you live
A very simple maxim of reggae legend Bob Marley.
37. The act of forgiving oneself is to be happy
Robert Louis Stevenson believes that the feeling of well-being springs when we reconcile with ourselves.
38. Happiness is something that is practiced, like the violin
John Lubbock leaves this reflection in which happiness is portrayed as a project that must be contributed every day.
39. Listen from time to time. It is fascinating what can be heard
Another of the happy phrases that speak of the emotion of discovery, this time by Russell Baker.
40. Love will never leave us alone
Another of the happiness quotes pronounced by the Jamaican singer Bob Marley, in this case, related to love.
41. A joyful life is a unique creation that can not be copied from a recipe
Mihaly Csikszentmihaly, one of the references of positive psychology, proposes this reflection of happiness so that we learn to appreciate the unrepeatable character of our lives.
42. Love is that micro-moment of warmth and connection that we share with another living being
Barbara L. Fredrickson, about the little moments of happiness that we share in times when we share an emotional bond with someone.
43. Happiness is not out there for us to find, and the reason for that is that it is within us
One of the happy reflections pronounced by people who investigate in departments of psychology, in this case, the American Sonja Lyubomirsky.
44. Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when it is shared
Albert Schweitzer, on the paradox of happiness and fraternal connections.
45. The difference between mystery and happiness depends on what we do with our attention
46. A crisis is something that you know badly about wasting
A positive reflection of Paul Romer, about the potential that the crises contain.
47. Becoming is better than being
Carol S. Beck about the moments of enjoyment that personal growth entails.
48. No matter how old, there is always something good to overcome
Lynn Johnston gives one of the phrases of happiness that touch, also the theme of challenges as something that motivates us to move forward.
49. If you do not know what port you sail to, no wind is favorable
The philosopher Seneca leaves one of the most iconic reflections on the way in which the lack of happiness can be, in part, sought after.
50. Being completely honest with yourself is a good exercise
One of the quotes of happiness and joy pronounced by Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis.
51. The happiness of our lives depends on the quality of our thoughts
A phrase attributed to Marco Aurelio. It relates the idea of happiness with the mentality with which we interpret the world.
52. Happiness can not be obtained by wanting to be happy. It must appear as an unintended consequence of pursuing a goal greater than oneself
One of the famous quotes of happiness and joy of Viktor Frankl, in which his humanistic approach is noted.
53. Today is the first day of the rest of your life
A famous quote by Abbie Hoffman, about the new beginnings.
54. Action is the fundamental vessel of success
A quotes from the painter Pablo Picasso, related to joy and happiness but also to personal improvement.
55. Unhappiness is defined as the difference between our talents and our expectations
The psychologist Edward de Bono talks about the nature of unhappiness, showing one of the keys to not falling into it.
56. Work hard, be nice and amazing things will happen
A recommendation from Conan O’Brien
57. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts
This optimistic reflection is by Eleanor Roosevelt.
58. What is beautiful never dies
One of the quotes of joy and happiness and beauty of Thomas Bailey Aldrich.
59. Flowers grow from the darkest moments
The artist and educator Corita Kent reflects on our capacity for improvement and resilience.
60. Happiness is not something that is already done, it emanates from our own actions
The Dalai Lama reflects on the nature of authentic happiness.
61. Many times, happiness slips through a door that you did not know you left open
John Barrymore points out the unexpectedness of some accidents that do not produce happiness.
62. No one can hurt me without my permission
One of the best Mahatma Gandhi quotes.
63. From time to time it is good to stop the pursuit of happiness and simply be happy
Guillaume Apollinaire talks about how good we can find in the simple of the present.
64. If you can imagine it, you can do it
A hopeful reflection of Walt Disney that speaks to us about human potential.
65. Remember that the happiest people are not the ones who earn more, but the ones who give more
H. Jackson Brown Jr. links happiness with solidarity and empathy.
66. There is no one happier than who is truly grateful
Joyce Meyer talks about happiness related to those moments of luck
67. When we are more alive is when we fall in love
A reflection of John Updike about the euphoria felt in love.
68. Everything you can imagine is real
Another of the phrases about the blurred boundaries of the potential that we carry inside.
69. Joy is the simplest form of gratitude
A demonstration of happiness can be a way to reciprocate the help of others.
70. The therapy that heals most is friendship and love
The human treatment and empathy, added to a shared time, are basic ingredients of happiness.
71. A friend is what the heart constantly needs
Henry van Dyke points to one of the primary sources of happiness and well-being.
72. Moving on is a simple act, what is left behind is how hard
Musician Dave Mustaine speaks in these terms of resilience.
73. Silence is a great source of strength
This reflection of Lao Tzu points out one of the corners of our life from which we can extract energy to be happy.
74. Great works are not made by force but by perseverance
A phrase by Samuel Johnson about what makes big projects come true.
75. Happiness is only real when shared
A nice reflection of Christopher McCandless.
We hope that you guys like these 75 best quotes of happiness and joy. Which one is your most favorite in this collection tell us in the comment section.