The short meaningful quotes that will make you reflect on life.
So busy are we with the day to day that we forget those little things that have more importance. For example, when was the last time you found a moment to reflect? We are not talking about too deep topics, just about you. Well, the time has come. Here in this article, we will talk about 1) short meaningful quotes on life 2) short meaningful quotes about life and love 3) deep meaningful quotes about life with images.
20 Short meaningful quotes about life that make you think
Here are 20 short and meaningful quotes that will make you think about life.
1. “The least frequent in this world is living. Most people exist, that’s all”
The work of Oscar Wilde has left deep meaningful quotes about life. And on this occasion, the English playwright reflects on all those people who go on tiptoe through life. Do you want to be one of them? Do not just survive, live life. Read more 60 best Oscar Wilde quotes
2. “The day a woman can not love with her weakness but with her strength, not escape from herself but find herself, not humiliate herself but affirm herself, that day love will be for her, as for man, the
source of life and not a mortal danger. “
How much we owe to Simone de Beauvoir, the French philosopher who fought tirelessly for human rights and, above all, for those of women. It is worth pausing for a moment and reflecting on the role we have as women.
3. “He who does not have wings should not lie on the abyss”
If you do not have them all with you, are you going to take a chance? The philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche invites you to reflect on your way of reacting and how you face the problems that you face in your day to day life. You know, “whoever does not have wings should not lie on chasms”.
4. “After all, death is just a sign that there was life”
Everything has a positive side, even the worst, as this quote by Mario Benedetti shows. If you realize that you could not have died if you had never lived, you will see everything differently. On the other hand, have you stopped to think that if we were not sad in some moments, we would never be happy either?
5. “To the extent that the past can really be ‘overcome’, that overcoming would consist in narrating what happened”
Has it ever happened to you that, telling what happens to you, you feel more liberated? On the one hand, you feel better because you have released everything, but also because through the narration you are assuming it and, therefore, surpassing it. It is a beautiful quote of the thinker, Hannah Arendt.
6. “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says: ‘I need you because I love you’.”
Erich Fromm reflects on love, that unstoppable, overwhelming and hopeful feeling. You, how do you love? Are you with your partner because you need her or need her because you are with her? Thinking and talking about you is essential to have a healthy relationship.
7. “Only in loneliness does one feel the thirst for truth”
María Zambrano makes you reflect on the need to feel alone at some point. When you have a moment for yourself, in which you are the only protagonist, you will be able to reach certain conclusions that you are missing.
“The heart has reasons that reason does not understand”
The French philosopher and mathematician Blaise Pascal alluded in this quote to think about life to our most illogical ego that acts by following impulses more than reasoning. Love is one of the feelings that make us lose our heads, so it is not strange that some crazy things are discussed while you are in love.
9. “Man is different from the animal in which he drinks without thirst and loves without time”
Think for a moment of this quote by Jose Ortega y Gasset. Have you noticed that we are getting more and more out of step with life? We get upset with the nonsense and tend to forget to value what is truly important. This Spanish philosopher is left with a reflection that we should all do individually.
10. “Man is condemned to be free”
For Jean-Paul Sartre there is no choice but to live free and, although this could be considered a great advantage, it can bring us some difficulties. If you were given certain things already done, it would be easier to act on certain occasions, but never forget that freedom is one of the values that constitute us as human beings.
11. “It is easier to die for an idea, (…) than to try to understand the ideas of others”
12. “Going a bit far is as bad as not going all you need.”
The words of Confucius always have to make you think. This philosopher raises the need to always find a middle ground that takes us away from such pernicious extremes. This is a lesson that can be applied to all areas of everyday life since exaggerations are never good.
13. “The word revolution is a word by which one kills (…) but that has no content whatsoever”
Beyond the political approach, this other meaningful quotes to think about the life of the French philosopher Simone Weil invites you to reflect on the importance that is given to certain concepts in the wrong way. Analyze your priorities to know what is most important.
14. “Be kind to people when you go up; you will find them all when you go down “
What reason has Eduardo Punset with this quote in which he invites you to reflect on your way of relating to the people around you. You never know who you will run into in the future and in what situations, so it does not cost you anything to have a kind treatment with everyone.
15. “Make your life a dream, and from your dream a reality”
The sensibility of Antoine de Saint-Exupery has left hundreds of meaningful quotes that are so important that they should be left written throughout the house. Also, in this case, it is also deep meaningful
16. “Love is a force that is more beautiful and more terrible than death”
This quote for posterity was left by JK Rowling in the mouth of Albus Dumbledore, one of the wisest people who has passed and will pass through Hogwarts. Do you agree with this quote?
17. “You are the narrator of your own life, and you can create your own legend, or not”
Isabel Allende’s meaningful beautiful quotes that will make you think about life can be counted by hundreds. But we have stayed with this because it calls us to take control of our existence. You have the ability to decide what is right for you and what you need.
18. “To be inactive is the short path to death, to be diligent is a way of life; the foolish people are inactive, the wise are diligent”
A bit of walking for the body does not come at all bad, right? Buddha invites you to lead an active life so that you do not rest on your laurels. Everything will go much better if you take control of your life.
19. “Useful is everything that gives us happiness”
Finding happiness in every little thing that surrounds us is a very positive ability that few people have. Not having to try too hard to put a smile on your face will bring you many benefits, so the thinker Auguste Rodin invites you to do so.
20. “We rarely think about what we have, but always in what we lack”.
Have you ever stopped to think how much we crush ourselves with the bad things that happen to us and how little we celebrate the good things in life? The philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer encourages you to focus on the best you have. You will take joy.
What is your favorite meaningful quotes to think about life?