In this article, we’ll explore best happy International Women’s Day 2019 quotes and sayings and give tribute to beautiful women’s.
Every March 8, International Women’s Day is celebrated, a day that aims to raise awareness of the importance of gender equality and highlight the role of women in society. The streets are dyed violet to honor the feminine world in a day where both men and women struggle for social symmetry.
To celebrate, we bring you the most inspiring feminist quotes of very famous women who have not hesitated to raise their voices to join this cause and make the fight for women’s rights all over the world more visible.
Best Happy International Women’s Day 2019 quotes and sayings
The list International Women’s Day 2019 quotes and sayings of goes from myths of the cinema like Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor to other actresses who currently champion feminism like Emma Watson or the Spanish Leticia Dolera and pass by great figures of literature such as Virginia Woolf , sportsmen like Serena Williams , singers like Adele , models like Emily Ratajkowski and many others from different eras, branches and nationalities.
The best famous feminist quotes to celebrate International Women’s Day 2019
1. Coco Chanel: “A woman should be two things: who and what she wants”
2. Elizabeth Taylor: “There are many doors to open and I’m not afraid to look behind them”.
3. Oprah Winfrey: “Think like a queen, a queen is not afraid to fail, failure is a path of more stones towards greatness”
4. Leticia Dolera: “We must change it together, men and women, after all, feminism to which it aspires is to create a more just and egalitarian world”
5. Beyonce: “We have to change our own perception, the way we see ourselves, we have to take a step forward as women and take the initiative”
6. Helen Mirren: “I think all women are feminists, maybe they refuse to admit it, but if they traveled 40 years back in time and someone asked them if that is the world they would like to live in, they would all say no.”
7. Virginia Woolf: “In many historical occasions, ‘Anonymous’ was a woman”
8. Mary Shelley: “I do not want women to have power over men but over themselves”
9. Lady Gaga: “Some women choose to follow men, others decide to follow their dreams”
10. Bella Abzug: “Women have been educated to talk softly and wear lipsticks, but those days are over”
11. Emily Dickinson: “We ignore our true height until we stand up”
Also Read: Happy blessed Sunday quotes
12. Amy Schumer: “Of course I am a feminist, my God, I believe that anyone who does not consider themselves feminist has no idea what that word means”
13. Maria Shriver: “It seems that women must have a label, you are feminist or you are not, I am raising two girls and I say to them: ‘You can be strong and weak, you can be beautiful and intelligent, you can be all things’
International women’s day 2019 best quotes
- “The gender is between the ears and not between the legs”. Chaz Bono, activist.
- “To be free is not only to get rid of one’s own chains but to live in a way that respects and improves the freedom of others”. Nelson Mandela, activist and former president of South Africa.
- “Before God, we are all equally wise and equally foolish “. Albert Einstein, scientist.
- “If someone considers being limited by their gender, race or origin, they will become even more limited “. Carly Fiorina, US politician and president of the non-profit organization Good360.
- “Not all citizens of a State can be equally powerful, but they should be equally free”. Voltaire, historian and philosopher of the century born in the late seventeenth century.
- “Qualifying gender violence as a ‘women’s issue’ is part of the problem. It gives a huge number of men the perfect excuse not to pay attention. “ Jackson Katz, American activist.
- “Privilege is the greatest enemy of the law “. Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach, Austrian writer born in the nineteenth century.
- “I can not say if women are better than men. However, I can say without hesitation that they are not worse. ” Golda Meir, first woman minister of Israel born in 1898.
- “Women with good behavior rarely make history “. Eleanor Roosevelt, activist and first lady of the United States during the government of Franklin Roosevelt.
- “I call myself ‘feminist man’. Is not how you call someone who fights for the rights of women? Dalai Lama, Buddhist leader.
- “All men should be feminists If people are concerned about rights. Women, the world will be a better place We’re better when women are empowered: this leads to a better society.”. John Legend, American singer.
- “I do not want women to have power over men, but over themselves”. Mary Wollstonecraft, English philosopher, and writer of the eighteenth century.
- “The test to know if you can or can not do a job should not be the organization of your chromosomes”. Bella Abzug, American policy born in 1920.
- “The equality of women must be a central component in any attempt to solve social, economic and political problems.” Kofi Annan, former Secretary General of the UN
- “The two sexes are not superior or inferior to each other, they are simply different”. Gregorio Marañón, doctor, writer and thinker who died in 1960.
International women’s day 2019 famous quotes
- “Fighting for women’s rights often makes us synonymous with hating men. I only know that something is true: we need to stop these thoughts. ” Emma Watson, Hollywood actress born in 1990.
- “Our men believe that making money and giving orders are the bases of power. They do not believe that the power is in the hands of a woman who takes care of everyone during the day and gives birth. ” Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist.
- “Women are responsible for two-thirds of the work done throughout the world and yet earn only 10% of the total income and only 1% of the properties … So, are we equal? Until the answer is yes, we can not stop asking. ” Daniel Craig, the leading actor of ‘Specter 007’.
- “Equality may be a right, but there is no human power that ever reaches to turn it into fact.” Honoré de Balzac, French writer born in 1799.
- “When women have power, they immensely improve the lives of everyone around them.” Prince Henry, grandson of Elizabeth II of England.
- “Where someone fights for their dignity, for equality, for being free … look him in the eyes”. Bruce Springsteen, singer.
- “Equality will come when a stupid woman can go as far as a foolish man arrives today”. Estella Ramey, psychologist, endocrine and feminist born in 1917.
- “I do not say that everyone is equal in their ability, character or motivations, but I do affirm that they should be equal in their opportunity to develop their own character, motivation, and abilities”. John F. Kennedy, former president of the United States.
- “I want for me what I want for other women: absolute equality”. Agnes Macphail, the first woman to be voted to be part of the House of Commons of Canada.
- “Raise the flag of equality, women! Fight for your rights and count on my loyal collaboration!”. Louisa May Alcott, scout author of the novel ‘ Little Women ‘.
- “Equality is a vital need of the human soul.” The same amount of respect and attention is due to every human being because respect has no degrees. Simone Weil, the French philosopher who died in the 1940s.
- “The woman will be really equal to the man the day in which an incompetent woman is designated for an important position”. François Giraud, American politician of the nineteenth century.
- “The first equality is equity”. Victor Hugo, French poet, playwright, and romantic novelist.
- “To all the women who have given birth, who pay their taxes and who are citizens of this nation, we have fought for the rights of all others, it is time that we have once and for all the same salary [than men] and the same rights for women in the United States of America “. Patricia Arquette, Oscar winner as best supporting actress in 2015 for her role as a mother in ‘Boyhood’.
- “Equality is a treasure: if you have it in time, you have the kingdom of heaven and full bliss”. Angelus Silesius, German religious poet born in the seventeenth century.
International women’s day 2019 pictures and quotes
- ” You’ve been used, do not let yourself be dominated.” Isadora Duncan, American choreographer, and dancer.
- “Women are the only group exploited in history that has been idealized to the point of impotence”. Erica Jong, writer of ‘best sellers’ and teacher born in 1942.
- “To fight anti-Semitism you do not have to be a Jew, you do not have to be a Negro to fight racism, but unfortunately, sometimes it seems that to fight discrimination against women you have to be a woman “. Soledad Gallego-Díaz, a Spanish journalist who worked as deputy director of the newspaper ‘El País’.
- “No man is good enough to rule any woman without his consent.” Susan Anthony, feminist leader of the American civil rights movement. He fought for the equality of women in the nineteenth century.
- “There is no barrier, lock or bolt that you can impose on the freedom of my mind”. Virginia Woolf, feminist and writer born in 1882.
- “I’m a woman and I write. I am a commoner and I can read. I was born a servant and I am free. I have seen wonderful things in my life. I have done wonderful things in my life. ” Rosa Montero, writer, and journalist.
- ” Feminism is a way of living individually and of fighting collectively”. Simone de Beauvoir, French philosopher, and writer born at the beginning of the 20th century.
- “Any woman who aspires to behave like a certain man who lacks ambition”. Dorothy Parker, playwright, and American humorist.
- “Any woman who understands the problems of carrying a house is very close to understanding the problems of leading a country.” Margaret Thatcher, former British minister.
- “Humanity needs both men and women […] So why do they see us as something less than equal?” Beyoncé, American singer.
We hope that you guys like these 40 best International women’s day 2019 quotes and sayings. You can use these quotes and send them to women’s who are the inspiration for you all so you can share on social media.