85 Inspirational quotes about love and relationships
The best famous Inspirational quotes that tell us about love, relationships, and emotional breakups.
The world of relationships can become complicated and confusing. Emotions are not always well expressed, and expectations do not have to fit with what can be obtained from contact with the other person.
However, throughout history, many important figures have reflected on love, relationships and friendship and what holds together the bonds of affection.
We offer to read the wise quotes of other greats people who know about love. Therefore, a selection of Inspirational quotes about love and relationships with its meaning and attention.
Inspirational quotes about love and relationships
Below you can find a selection of quotes about love and relationships that are wise, fun or invite to reflect.
Sincere sentences but beautiful and full of meaning that many will reach deep. Confessions and experiences of some, which summarize in few words life events, sometimes joyful, sometimes painful.
1. The first love is a little madness and a great curiosity – George Bernard Shaw
A metaphor to describe the spontaneous character of first love.
2. In love there is something of madness, but at the same time in madness there is always something right – Friedrich Nietzsche
A quote about the relationships of this great vitalist philosopher.
3. Never above you, never below you, always by your side – Walter Winchell
In this reflection is expressed the way in which an equality relationship should be understood.
4. When someone shows you who they really are, they trust – Maya Angelou
A tip on the value of honesty in relationships.
5. The relationship between husband and wife should be that of two best friends – BR Ambedkar
Here we compare the affect in relationships based on romantic love and that of two people who have a friendship relationship.
6. People change and forget to tell others – Lillian Hellman
A phenomenon that can be interpreted as something tragic.
7. Love does not claim possessions but gives freedom – Rabindranath Tagore
Not confusing love with toxic relationships is fundamental.
8. Loving is not looking at each other but rather looking both in the same direction – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Another of those quotes about relationships in which the expressive force is transmitted with an image.
9. The way people treat you is their karma, while how you react is yours – Wayne Dyer
A philosophy of life to manage relationships with others.
10. You never lose by loving, you always lose by repressing yourself – Barbara de Angelis
An assessment of the costs of not loving.
Famous Inspirational quotes about love and relationships
12. First love is loved more, others are loved better. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
With this play on words, this writer qualifies the way in which love is first love.
13. Love does not look, it feels. Pablo Neruda
Pablo Neruda is resounding in defending the idea that love is, mainly, something that is experienced.
14. Friendship often becomes love, but love never becomes friendship. Lord Byron
An apparent paradox about the way in which relationships evolve.
15. For a lover there are no friends. Stendhal
Stendhal defined in this way the change that implies becoming a lover.
16. Intense love does not measure but simply gives. Teresa of Calcutta
Understanding love as something liberating, Teresa de Calcutta emphasizes the positive side of that feeling and mental state.
17. What is done out of love is beyond good and evil? Friedrich Nietzsche
Another quote about Nietzsche’s relationships, in this case, related to morality.
18. Healthy relationships grow from the
unbounded trust. Beau Mirchoff
Appreciating the link between mutual trust and love.
19. No person involved in a relationship should feel that to make it viable you need to give up an essential part of yourself. May Sarton
Intense relationships should be addressed not as a sacrifice, but as a space in which to grow.
20. The fact of being honest is what makes relationships last. Lauryn Hill
Another of the quotes about relationships in which the importance of honesty is emphasized, a recurring theme.
Short Inspirational quotes about love and relationships
21. There is nothing more interesting than the conversation of two lovers who remain silent.
The dialogues among those who love are often silent.
22. Neither absence nor fear means something when you love – Alfred de Musset
A striking quote that highlights the power of love.
23. The magic of first love is the ignorance that it can have an ending. Benjamin Disraeli
One more reflection about the type of love that is experienced for the first time.
24. Relationships based on obligation lack dignity. Wayne Dyer
In this way, the impossibility is expressed that the relations plagued by impositions are genuine
25. Every lover is a soldier at war. Ovidio
One of the oldest reflections on the role of the person who loves.
26. Love is friendship on fire. Jeremy Taylor
In this metaphor, a comparison between friendship and love is made that speaks for itself.
27. The first duty of love is to know how to listen. Paul Tillich
Ordering priorities are essential in romantic relationships, and knowing how to listen is a basic need.
28. The famous lovers of history lived always apart. Noel Claraso
Noel Clasaro suggests that coexistence fundamentally changes relationships.
29. It is easier to look good as a lover than as a husband since it is easier to be timely and witty every now and then that every day. Honore de Balzac
One more reflection on the abrupt change that involves living with the couple.
30. To love is to find happiness in your own happiness. Gottfried Leibniz
In this metaphorical image, the philosopher expresses what is the essence of love.
Inspirational quotes for love, relationship, and trust
31. At the beginning of love, lovers talk about the future, in its final stages, of the past. Andre Maurois
Talking about the beginning and end of relationships, and how these two stages are similar.
32. There is more pleasure in loving than in being loved. John Fuller
A statement that many people would discuss, but that gives rise to reflection.
33. There are no limits to the power of love. John Morton
Many thinkers have emphasized the power of love throughout history, and John Morton takes this idea to the extreme.
34. We are always afraid of being too interested, for fear that the other will not care about anything – Eleanor Roosevelt
An observation soaked in sadness, about the lack of courage with which relationships are faced
35. Who loves, delirs. Lord Byron
Many times there has been
36. The sign that we do not love someone is that we do not give them all the best in us. Paul Claudel
Provocative quote but that serves to emphasize the importance of love in our lives.
37. Do we have to have a reason to love? Brigitte Bardot
A question that may seem naive but at the same time serves to question dogmas.
38. We can only learn to love by loving – Iris Murdoch
Emphasizing once again the importance of practicing love, rather than theorizing about it.
39. Love dies of ennui, and oblivion buries them – Jean de la Bruyere
A reflection on the elements that make love enter into crisis.
40. Love is the poetry of the senses – Honoré de Balzac
A very lyrical image about the nature of love.
Powerful inspirational quotes about love relationships
1. Love is the universal energy of life, which has the ability to turn evil passions into creative passions.
2. Love can change a person beyond recognition.
3. When you love, you want to do something in the name of love. I want to sacrifice myself. I want to serve. Ernest Hemingway “Farewell, Arms!”
4. If you want someone to stay in your life, never treat him indifferently! Richard Bach “Bridge over eternity”
5. Love is when the center of the universe suddenly shifts and moves into someone else. Iris Murdoch
6. Love knows neither measure nor price. Erich Maria Remarque
7. You truly love only once in your life, even if you did not understand it yourself. Carlos Ruiz Safon
8. To die from love is to live it. Victor Hugo
9. The broken heart becomes wider. Emily Dickinson
10. If two people love each other, it cannot end happily. Ernest Hemingway
11. Love is stronger than death and the fear of death. Only it, only love keeps and moves life. Ivan Turgenev
12. “Love is the beauty of the soul”. Saint Augustine
13″Kiss is a beautiful bay that nature designed to stop words when words are unnecessary”. Ingrid Bergman
14. “Every minute from the hour of a loved one, he deserves as much as an entire daily life”. Aphra Behn
15. “Your words are my food, your breath, my wine. You’re everything to me “. Sarah Bernhardt
16. “In my wildest dreams, you play my hero. In the darkest hours of the night, you save me and save my life. ” Bliss and Cerney
17. “You’re everything to me. Nothing Less”. Ralph Block
18. “I love you, in all the depths, the heights and backs that my soul can reach” Elizabeth Barrett Browning
19. “If you take away the love, the earth is a grave” Robert Browning
20. “To see her you had to love her, love only her and love her forever” Robert Burns
A selection of romantic inspirational quotes about love and relationships
Quotes about love and relationships
1. I disappeared from your life not for pleasure or chance, just to check if you miss me and you look for me when you do (RousTalent)
When relationships are going through a rut, it is possible that one of the members, feeling hurt, wants to distance himself to know if the other is as much in love as he is and seeks him out. This is not always a good option, because it is better to use dialogue and negotiation.
2. Come to sleep with me: we will not make love, he will do it to us (Julio Cortazar)
When you’re so in love with the other person, just being by their side is like being in heaven. Love involves everything that both do.
3. In a kiss, you will know everything that I have kept quiet (Pablo Neruda)
A kiss is worth more than a thousand words when there is love. Surely the vast majority of readers have had the pleasure of feeling those passionate kisses that paralyze the world.
4. Love has no cure, but it is the only cure for all evils. (Leonard Cohen)
Love, on many occasions, can become painful, especially when it comes to an end. Even so, there is no feeling comparable to being in love with someone and being reciprocated.
5. Love four letters that mark your destiny. Four letters that invite you to dream. Four letters that tell you that you are alive, although for many you are dead … (Unknown)
Love is four letters that tell us a lot. They tell us that life can be wonderful if we complete the sentence with the loved one.
6. If when I love I am happy, then you are my happiness (Unknown)
Love and happiness go hand in hand. In fact, there is no greater happiness than to spend those incredible moments with your lover or in love.
7. Love me without questions, that I will love you without answers (Unknown)
Real love is felt and lived from the first to the last moment. It is a great adventure that must be felt from the heart.
8. The worst way to miss someone is to be seated next to them and know that you can never have them (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
There is no worse feeling than wanting someone with all your strength and not being reciprocated. Sometimes this feeling is inevitable.
9. In love, there is always something of madness, but there is always in the madness something of reason (Friedrich Nietzsche)
The great loves lead us to do big crazy things because falling in love affects our brain just like the drug does.
10. The women who are worth more are suffering for an idiot, the men who are worth it are crying like idiots (Jesus Alberto Martinez Jimenez)
Sometimes, it is not possible to decide who you fall in love with or feel attraction for. So, however much you do not like it, when there are, there are; and when not, no.
11. When you fall in love you are not the same person you were before, because that’s when you start to live life for real (Luis Miguel Alvarado)
There are few experiences that impact you and change your life as when you fall in love for the first time. If you break your heart you go through an existential crisis that makes you rethink your deepest values.
12. Thinking of my happiness, I remembered you. (Anonymous)
Happiness and love are the same. Pity that, sometimes, the love you feel for a person is broken and it touches you to experience the deepest sadness.
13. A kiss? An enchanted trick to stop talking when words become superfluous (Ingrid Bergman)
A kiss is undoubtedly a sign of love. It is a way of expressing what you feel without having to say anything.
14. We learn to love not when we find the perfect person, but when we get to see perfectly an imperfect person (Sam Keen)
Love and falling in love change the perception of things since our brain is affected by chemical changes.
15. What a pity to know that there are people with strengths that make them weak and that do not reflect in the facts what comes out of their mouths (Leonardo Nunez Valle)
The greatest weakness of a person in love is to be proud. It can spoil that great love story you’re living. Although some people believe they are strong because they are so, their intolerance and intransigence can turn them into weak people.
16. The soul that can speak with the eyes, can also kiss with the gaze (Gustavo Adolfo Becquer)
When two people love each other, through their gaze they are able to connect even in the deepest.
17. Stay without thinking about it with that person who dies if he does not have you, then with that person who presumes because he knows he has you (Rocio Guerra)
It may happen that you do not really value who really loves you, who does not know how to live without you and who wants to spend the rest of your life with you.
18. The person who deserves you is the one who, having the freedom to do what he wants, chooses you at all times (Daireth Winehouse)
And of course, although we do not realize that this person lives thinking about us. It would be nice if it were a corresponded love.
19. Some people love power and others have the power to love (Bob Marley)
The famous musician, Bob Marley, reminds us that powerful people are those who are capable of love.
20. If you are in love with two women at the same time, choose the second one, because if you loved the first one, you would not have fallen in love with the second (Johnny Depp)
This quote states that when you truly love someone, you do not think about wanting to be with someone else.
21. Remembering is easy for the one who has memory. Forgetting is difficult for those who have a heart (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
When you want someone with all your strength, forgetting is complicated. There are many memories that are still alive.
22. The love of young people is not really in their hearts, but rather in their eyes (William Shakespeare)
What Shakespeare tries to tell us with this quote is that young people look at the physical. When you get older, the physicist loses ground and you value other qualities of the person. Read more William Shakespeare quotes on love and life
23. I shoot because I love you, but if I loved myself, I would shoot you (Marilyn Manson)
When we love someone we become vulnerable and, at times, we are at the mercy of the other person. Wanting or not wanting, it manipulates us.
24. What is done out of love is beyond good and evil (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Love is inexplicable on many occasions. And it can not lead us to do crazy things. When we fall in love, we change the behavior.
We hope you guys will find these Inspirational quotes about love and relationships helpful. Tell us your opinion in the comment section.