Funny sense of humor quotes. Quotes full of scorn and ingenuity that show the extent to which smoke is based on simplicity.
The sense of humor is something very characteristic and difficult to define, although we all possess it to a greater or lesser extent. Having it implies being able to observe the comic side of the events of our day to day, sometimes with little diffuse limits between comedy and seriousness or even tragedy (sometimes even from a point of view for some offensive or even macabre) or referring to ridiculous aspects of reality. It facilitates relaxing, relativizing things and even allows greater resilience or resistance to stressful and traumatic events of our day to day.
In the following lines, you will find a selection of funny sense of humor quotes that in addition to showing the different ways in which humor is expressed, allow us to smile a little (albeit mockingly).
Funny sense of humor quotes and sense of humor sayings
Then we leave a small collection of a funny sense of humor quotes and sayings that express the sense of humor, some of which can even be considered small jokes, collected from different sources. Also, many of them are or have been invented or used by great figures of historical relevance and/or the world of comedy.
In this post you will read 1) inspirational quotes with humor 2) quotes about humor and laughter 3) humor quotes about life 4) sarcastic humor quotes 5) funny sense of humor jokes
1. Do not take life too seriously. You will not leave her alive (Elbert Hubbard)
2. Having a clear conscience is a sign of poor memory (Steven Wright)
Nobody is perfect. We all have something to be ashamed of.
Related articles: Meaningful anime quotes
3. I like long walks, especially when they are taken by annoying people (Fred Allen)
Feeling harassed by someone we can not stand is especially frustrating.
4. I think I have found the missing link between the animal and the civilized man. It’s us (Konrad Lorenz)
This famous author lets us see that we really are not as civilized as we think .
5. Everything is fun, as long as it happens to someone else (Will Rogers)
Many people often laugh when a friend or partner has a funny fall. But it is not so much for those who suffer it.
6. Always remember that you are unique. Absolutely the same as everyone else (Margaret Mead)
In our eagerness to be unique and unrepeatable, we often forget that others are also unique and that in the end we are more like what we believe.
7. I am sure that the universe is full of intelligent life. He’s just been too smart to come here (Arthur C. Clark)
The author mocks in this quote of human stupidity in general.
8. There are only two infinite things: the universe and human stupidity. And I’m not so sure about the first one (Albert Einstein)
I do not know can mention the infinity of our own stupidity without mentioning this quote of Einstein.
9. An expert is someone who explains something simple to you in a confusing way that makes you think that the confusion is your fault (William Castle)
Sometimes we make the simple tremendously complex.
10. Of course I understand. Even a five-year-old could understand it. Bring me a five year old kid! (Groucho Marx)
Sentence that laughs of the own stupidity and stubbornness of not accepting it.
11. Outside the dog, a book is probably man’s best friend, and inside the dog it is probably too dark to read (Groucho Marx)
The double meaning was a great resource used by this famous comedian.
12. An archaeologist is the best husband a woman could have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her. (Christie Agatha)
Commentary that mocks the concern for age, more marked in the female gender due to gender stereotypes.
13. Work is not bad, the bad thing is having to work (Don Ramón)
Quote of Chavo del 8 in which we are comically reminded of the little desire to have to comply with obligations.
14. Age is something that does not matter unless you are a cheese (Luis Bunuel)
We give excessive importance to age for everything, when in reality it means almost nothing unless accompanied by experience.
15. If God only gave me a clear signal! How to make a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank (Woody Allen)
A Funny saying humor quotes that refers to the desire to make a fortune without trying.
16. A celebrity is a person who works all his life to be known, then he puts on dark glasses to avoid being recognized (Fred Allen)
Critical to the search and / or desire for fame on the part of the population, when most celebrities end up getting tired of their multiple disadvantages.
17. I hate household chores! You make the beds, clean the dishes and six months later you have to start over (Joan Rivers)
Funny sense of humor that mocks the own laziness that gives to do the domestic tasks.
18. I usually cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food (WC Fields)
Small mockery or criticism of satirical tone referring to excessive alcohol consumption.
19. Money does not bring happiness, but it has a similar feeling that a very advanced specialist needs to verify the difference (Woody Allen)
Funny sense of humor quote that makes see that although perhaps not of the happiness, a good economy allows us access to a great number of goods, services and possibilities that the majority wish.
20. My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then, we met (Rodney Dangerfield)
Quote, that jokes about relationships and the monotony that can be established in them.
21. Life is hard. After all, it kills you (Katherine Hepburn)
Phrase that refers to the fact that death is part of life.
22. When life gives you lemons, throw them in someone’s eyes (Cathy Guisewite)
The author of the humorous quote pushes us not to fall into discouragement.
23. Surely there are many reasons for divorce, but the main one is and will be the wedding (Jerry Lewis)
This actor makes use of logic to find the main cause of divorces: the need to be married to be able to do so.
24. Of course you must get married. If you get a good wife, you will become happy. If you get a bad one, you will become a philosopher (Socrates)
The Curious phrase for the fact that who said it is one of the greatest philosophers in history. Socrates was making fun of himself and his bad relationship with his wife.
25. If you could kick the butt responsible for almost all your problems, you could not sit down for a month (Theodore Roosevelt)
Roosevelt joked about the need to take responsibility for one’s own problems and not blame others for their own mistakes.
26. Never leave for tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow (Mark Twain)
Phrase that invites us to procrastinate.
27. My idea of a nice person is a person who agrees with me (Benjamin Disraeli)
In this sentence we see how we generally consider more acceptable and close to those people who agree with our opinions.
28. I’d like to take you seriously, but to do so would be to offend your intelligence (George Bernard Shaw)
The author mocks with this phrase of his interlocutor, making see if he is acting seriously would be unintelligent.
29. A successful man is one who earns more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man (Lana Turner)
Joke that refers to traditional gender roles and topics .
30. Never forget a face, but in your case I’ll be happy to make an exception (Groucho Marx)
Phrase somewhat sarcastic that makes clear the little appreciation and desire to see another person again.
31. Laugh and the world will laugh with you, snore and sleep alone (Anthony Burgess)
Sentence that jokes with the annoyance that usually supposes for the majority the fact that somebody snores.
32. I find television very educational. Every time someone turns it on, I retire to another room and read a book (Groucho Marx)
Mockery and criticism towards the world of television .
33. Sex is like the mus: if you do not have a good partner … you better have a good hand (Woody Allen)
Phrase that refers to onanism as a way of self-satisfaction in the absence of satisfactory sexual relationships.
34. Those people who think they know everything are a real nuisance for those who really know everything (Isaac Asimov)
This important author jokes in this sentence with presumptuousness that implies pretending to know everything.
35. Love never dies of hunger; frequently, of indigestion (Ninon de Lenclos)
This writer reflected that if love disappears it is mainly because of disappointment or the appearance of other people, not because of mere fading.
36. Santa Claus had the right idea: visit the people once a year (Víctor Borge)
Phrase that mocks the experience of obligation to make visits to the environment, even if it does not really appeal.
37. To be young again I would do anything in the world except exercise, get up early or be respectable (Oscar Wilde)
This phrase expresses the little desire to strive to achieve what we would like.
38. My plastic plants died because I did not pretend to water them (Mitch Hedberg)
Criticism of the excessive need to pretend of today’s society.
39. I went on a diet, I swore I would not drink again or eat too much and in fourteen days I had lost two weeks (Joe E. Lewis)
Quote, that jokes with the lack of will at the time of following diets or get in shape.
40. I exercise often. Look, just yesterday I had breakfast in bed (Oscar Wilde)
Quote referring to the difficulty and laziness that involves exercising when you are not used to it.
We hope that you guys like our collection on funny quotes about the sense of humor. If you have any quotes tell us in the comment section. We will be happy to add to our list.