31 Famous Quotes by Steven Spielberg
We discover the famous quotes by Steven Spielberg.
Steven Spielberg (Cincinnati, 1946) is a director, screenwriter and film producer born in the United States. His cinematographic work is absolutely essential to understand cinema in the XX and XXI century.
Mass idol in Hollywood, popular culture has a privileged place for Spielberg. Movies like ET the alien, the saga of Indiana Jones or Schindler’s List are part of the cultural heritage of any movie buff.
Steven Spielberg’s best known quotes
To review the trajectory and thought of this great director, we have set out to compile the best and famous quotes of Steven
1. I love the smell of movies.
A peculiar way of approaching the emotions that the cinema gives off.
2. Every time I see a movie in the cinema, it’s magical, no matter what its plot.
In this sentence, Spielberg tells us about his unconditional love for everything that surrounds the seventh art.
3. I do not believe that any person in any war in the world sees itself as a hero.
Declared pacifist, Spielberg has opposed all the imperialist wars in the United States.
4. All of us are each year a different person. I do not believe that we remain the same person all our lives.
Change is the only permanent thing, as the Heraclitus himself could affirm.
5. People have forgotten how to tell a story. Stories no longer have a knot and an outcome, but a principle that never ends.
Famous quote that explores the vital narrative.
6. We have a lot of time ahead to create the dreams we still can not even imagine dreaming about.
Phrase of an inveterate dreamer; absolutely necessary to build science fiction films with Spielberg’s clairvoyance.
7. In desperate times you have to take desperate measures.
Phrase recurrently used in political contexts.
8. People have to look beyond television or the press. And ponder whether a leader speaks from the heart and fights for his own beliefs or limits himself to transmitting the ideas of others.
On the ability to perceive true leadership.
9. Nothing that I do as a filmmaker is motivated by prizes. (…) It may seem that prizes are the icing on the cake, but for most of us the icing is simply doing the job.
A self-respecting filmmaker should not have any kind of recognition in mind.
10. It does not make sense for my country to trade with North Korea and China and not with Cuba.
On the double standard in the economic and commercial policy of the United States, his native country.
11. War destroys the intellect. When that happens, everything is reduced to reaction, and the person discovers more quickly who he really is.
The misery of wars and their effects on the lives of victims.
12. Humor is important in politics, as in all aspects of life.
In fact, in almost all his feature films, humor has a primordial role.
13. Do you know? I do not really look at myself much when I’m working on a project. Everything I am becomes what the movie is. But I can change; you change.
The mutability through the needs of each argument.
14. Many of my films are about the way I want the world to be, and that is part of my art, which in the end is an interpretive art.
The utopia and how to advance towards it with firm step.
15. I dream to live.
One of Steven Spielberg’s most beautiful and memorable phrases.
16. We have a lot of time to create the dreams that we can not even imagine dreaming about.
Time, infinite and impassive, waits for us to take part in the realization of our dreams.
17. Expect the best. There would be no progress if we think that the glass is half empty and we fear the worst. That has always been my philosophy: I am an optimist.
Optimistic phrase where there are.
18. I was doing a lot of 8mm homemade movies, since I was twelve, doing small dramas and comedies with the children of the neighborhood.
On his intrepid beginnings in the world of cinema.
19. So I try to reinvent my own eye every time I face a new subject. But it is difficult, because everyone has style. I can not help it
The vices and aesthetic manias always remain there.
20. Most of my assumptions about a production are usually incorrect.
When approaching a new project, most preconceived ideas end up bucking against reality.
21. Popular movements are very important because they give voice to problems, and the people want representatives that express their problems. In fact, America was created through a popular movement, which came from the bottom up.
A reflection by Steven Spielberg on social and political movements.
22. I’m not very interested in making money.
Despite this phrase, Spielberg is one of the directors who have billed the most in his professional career.
23. One of my daughters is a competitive horse jumper, we live with horses, we have stables on our property. But I do not amount. I watch, and I worry.
An adorable phrase about the love of his daughters.
24. I did not take any poetic license with ‘Schindler’s List’, because that was a historical document, in fact.
On the rawness of the film.
25. If I were not a director, I would like to be a film composer.
With this sympathetic phrase, Steven Spielberg gives us to understand that his passion is cinema.
26. I interviewed the survivors, went to Poland, saw the cities and spent time with the people and spoke with the Jews who had returned to Poland after the war and talked about why they had returned.
About the filming of Schindler’s list.
27. Documentaries are the first line of education, and the second line of education is dramatization, like ‘The Pacific’.
Another film of his with a great dramatic component.
28. There is a fine line between censorship and good taste and moral responsibility.
In turbulent times, it is difficult to discern between freedom of expression and responsibility in one’s own words or actions.
29. Many of the films I’ve done, probably would have worked just as well 50 years ago, and precisely because of this, I have a lot of old-school values.
His work is certainly timeless and imperishable.
30. My father took me to my first movie.
Recalling his tender childhood with whom he discovered his passion.
31. When the war comes, two things happen – the benefits increase far above all perishable products. This becomes a market for them.
On the real cause of most war conflicts.
We hope that you guys like these famous quotes by Steven Spielberg. Thanks for reading Please tell us in the comment section which one quotes is you most like.