In today’s article, we will know the best quotes about Justice pronounced by great thinkers, writers and, philosophers of history.
It will serve to approach us from different perspectives to this philosophical ideal and to understand what each one can do to make the world a little more equitable.
Justice is one of those ideals that since ancient Greece has been studied and debated by any prestigious intellectual. Defined as “that moral principle that inclines to act and judge respecting the truth and giving each one what corresponds”, Justice is, then, an inescapable principle that should govern our societies.
However, life is sometimes miles away from being fair and becomes a real injustice.
Best Famous quotes about Justice
In this article, you’ll read collection of best quotes about justice by famous philosophers, writers and thinkers.
1. A rule isn’t unfair if it applies to everyone. unknown
Read More: Quotes about good people
2. Give good and get good. Estonian
3. Laws catch flies but let hornets go free. Scottish (on justice)
4. Little thieves are hanged but great ones escape. 14th Century French Proverb
5. Quarrels never could last long, if on one side only lay the wrong. Ben Franklin (1706-1790)
6. The deceitful have no friends. Hindi (Asian Indian) (on justice)
7. The end doesn’t justify the means. Ovid (c.43 BC-AD 18)
8. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe. Frederick Douglass
10. In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same. Albert Einstein
11. This thing that men call justice, this blind snake that strikes men down in the dark, mindless with fury, keep your hand back from it, pass by in silence. Maxwell Anderson
12. You know, the courts may not be working
13. Justice is the means by which established injustices are sanctioned. Anatole France
14. Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph. Haile Selassie
15. If we do not maintain justice, justice will not maintain us. Francis Bacon
Top 10 quotes on justice
1. Where there is little justice it is a danger to be right. (Francisco de Quevedo)
2. It is difficult to do justice to who has offended us. (Simon Bolivar)
Sentence of justice of the military man and Venezuelan politician.
3. The gifts that come from justice are superior to those that originate in charity. (Khalil Gibran)
Equity, above vertical solidarity. It makes all the sense
4. If a man fails to reconcile justice and freedom, he fails in everything. (Albert Camus)
The almost impossible balance between two rights that usually collide.
5. Justice, although limping, rarely stops reaching the criminal in his career. (Horacio)
Despite the slowness, justice usually ends up discovering the whole truth.
6. If justice exists, it must be for all; no one can be excluded, otherwise, it would not be fair. (Paul Auster)
This statement invalidates any privilege of a monarchical type, for example.
7. People who do not get justice take it for themselves later or sooner. (Voltaire)
Nothing more dangerous than acting unfairly towards a minority.
8. There are laws, what is lacking is justice. (Ernesto Mallo)
The Brutal reflection that puts in doubt that there is justice despite being in a state of law.
10. I am in favor of the truth, tell her who says it. I am in favor of justice, for or against whoever is. ( Malcolm X )
Famous thought of the fighter for the rights of African-Americans.
Best Quotes about Justice and fairness
1. The jury is composed of twelve people chosen to decide who has the best lawyer. (Robert Frost)
Ironic reflection on the arbitrariness of the judicial system of some states.
2. Do justice to someone and you will end up loving them. But if you’re unfair to him, you’ll end up hating him. (John Ruskin)
As you treat others, they will end up treating you.
3. Justice without mercy is cruelty. (Saint Thomas of Aquino)
Valuable reflection of humanity that must sustain justice.
4. Sad era ours! It is easier to disintegrate an atom than a prejudice. ( Albert Einstein )
The Jewish scientist talked like that about prejudices.
5. When you have to sentence, try to forget the litigants and remember only the cause. (Epictetus of Phrygia)
Being fair means focusing the focus on the cause, not on the parties involved.
6. When a man asks for justice, he wants to be found right. (Santiago Rusinol)
Sentence of justice of the Catalan painter and writer.
7. He who does not want to live but among the just, live in the desert. (Seneca)
Or in a crystal jungle.
8. One thing is not just because it is law. It must be law because it is just. (Montesquieu)
A basic principle of the legal world.
9. If you practice equity, even if you die you will not perish. (Lao Tse)
Eastern philosophy brings us a moral reflection.
10. It is thought that what is just is the same, and it is so; but not for everyone, but for the equals. It is thought on the contrary that the just is the unequal, and it is so, but not for all, but for the unequal. (Aristotle)
On the difference between equity, egalitarianism, and justice.
Justice sayings and justice quotes
Check below list of Best Famous Justice Quotes and sayings.
1. Better than the man who knows what is right is the man who loves the just. (Confucius)
It’s not a theory: it’s about moving on to practice.
2. Justice over force is impotence, force without justice is tyranny. (Blaise Pascal)
The balance between these two variables forges true justice.
3. The absolution of the guilty party is the conviction of the judge. (Publius Siro)
Great reflection on the justice of this Roman thinker.
4. More than civilization, justice is the need of the people. (Pietro Colletta)
The Italian historian speaks thus about equity in societies.
5. The probability of losing in the fight should not dissuade us from supporting a cause that we believe is just. (Abraham Lincoln)
First of all, our conscience must be with those who suffer.
6. No loser has justice if he is judged by his victory. (Francisco de Quevedo)
The judge should always be impartial.
7. We gain justice more quickly if we do justice to the opposing party. (Mahatma Gandhi)
The pacifist leader had it crystal clear.
Read More: Mahatma Gandhi quotes
8. What we consider justice is, very often, an injustice committed in our favor. (Reveillere)
We are aware of injustices only when we are victims.
9. Four characteristics correspond to the judge: Listen politely, respond wisely, weigh prudently and decide impartially. (Socrates)
On the qualities of who should impart equity.
If you have the strength, we have the right. (Victor Hugo)
On the only weapon of the weak.
11. Justice requires power, intelligence, and will, and resembles the eagle. (Leonardo da Vinci)
Sentence of justice of the great Italian thinker and artist.
12. Justice will give you peace, and also jobs. (Ramon Llull)
13. Justice is the queen of the republican virtues and with it, equality and freedom are upheld. (Simon Bolivar)
On the basis of any society.
14. The justice of the bourgeois classes was again like a net that allowed the voracious sharks to escape, trapping only the small sardines. (Rosa Luxemburg)
Thought of one of the greatest representatives of social democracy.
15. Justice does not expect any reward. He accepts it for himself. And in the same way, they are all virtues. (Cicero)
Great quote of the orator and Latin politician on justice.
16. To administer justice of truth and good faith, better than letters, good lineage must be taken. (Luis Cane)
In the end, everything depends on the will and conscience of each one.
We hope that you guys like our collection of 35 best quotes about justice. Tell us in the comment section which one is your favorite quote.