Best quotes about forgiveness because forgiveness is a somewhat complicated task, both for the one who offers them and for those who accept them.
Staying at peace with someone who hurt us and apologizes can be an art.
In this process, it may be helpful to reflect on some best forgiveness
quotes pronounced or written by important thinkers and authors.
Best Quotes about forgiveness
In this publication, you will find a selection of best quotes of forgiveness that will invite you to reflect on this reality of personal relationships.
1. Men who do not forgive women their little faults will never enjoy their great virtues (Khalil Gibran)
Gibran, in a quote daughter of his time, invites us not to focus all our attention on those acts that produce disappointment, including in these the bad decisions or the desire to hurt.
2. Only those truly courageous spirits know how to forgive. A vile being never forgives because it is not in his nature (Laurence Sterne)
One of the beset quotes about forgiveness of moral character.
3. Always forgive your enemy. There is nothing that infuriates him more (Oscar Wilde)
An action that denotes superiority.
Read more: best Oscar Wilde quotes
4. “I can forgive, but I can not forget,” is just another way of saying, “I can not forgive” (Henry Ward Beecher)
For Beecher, forgiveness consisted in completely forgetting the offense committed.
5. Forgiving too much who errs injustice is committed with the one who does not err (Baldassare Castiglione)
It is necessary to avoid normalizing the act of asking for forgiveness since it can become a recurrence and harm others.
6. Forgiveness is not taking too much into account the limitations and shortcomings of the other, not taking them too seriously, but taking them away, with good humor, saying: I know you are not like that! (Robert Spaemann)
On forgiveness that nullifies the intention with which the offense was committed.
7. Forgive yourself while you love yourself (François de La Rochefoucauld)
Love makes us tolerant of certain offenses.
8. To forgive is only learned in life when in turn we have needed to be forgiven a lot (Jacinto Benavente)
When we relate that need to our experiences.
9. Write the grievances in the dust, the words of good writing them in the marble (Benjamin Franklin)
About what should transcend our actions.
10. Let’s teach forgiveness; But let’s also teach not to offend. It would be more efficient (Jose Ingenieros)
This quotes of forgiveness of engineers treats this topic wisely.
We easily forgive our friends the defects in which nothing affects us (François de La Rochefoucauld)
Seen from this reflection it is easy to forgive.
12. Man grows when he kneels (Alessandro Manzoni)
The act of asking for forgiveness comes from a process where the human being recognizes his mistakes and the damage he causes in others, assuming his responsibility to return to commit them.
13. Lacking forgiveness, let forgetfulness come (Alfred de Musset)
In some situations, turning the page is an option.
14. It is easier to forgive an enemy than a friend (William Blake)
Since the difference between them is loyalty and trust
15. To win and forgive is to win twice (Pedro Calderon de la Barca)
And the act of forgiving is more powerful between the two.
16. The weak can not forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong (Mahatma Gandhi)
… since it requires setting aside prejudices and insane pride.
Read More: Best Mahatma Gandhi quotes
17. What I hate most is that they ask me for forgiveness before stepping on me (Woody Allen)
Probably for the actor is an inconsiderate attitude.
18. Never hesitate to reach out; never hesitate to accept the hand that another tends you (John XXIII)
… as it represents accepts an act of humility and benevolence.
19. The one who forgives easily invites offense (Pierre Corneille)
When forgiveness becomes superficial and automatic.
20. What certain men forgive more difficultly for a woman is that they console themselves for having been fooled by them (Paul Charles Bourget)
In this quote of forgiveness, the writing is a reflection of the macho society of the time.
21. Always forgive others, never yourself (
Since your mistakes are part of your growth.
22. Granting forgiveness is the highest degree of vanity or fear (Jose Luis Coll)
This quote is born from the perspective of the actor in relation to the attitude that accompanies the act of accepting forgiveness.
23. The heart of a mother is a deep abyss in whose depth always finds forgiveness (Honore de Balzac)
About the maternal love that incurs to accept the apologies of their children.
best Quotes about forgiveness and mistakes
24. If an apology is followed by an excuse or a reason, it means that they will make the same mistake again so they have apologized (Amit Kalantri)
If the action is still justified, the act of apologizing is not honest.
25. We never forgive more than those we have an interest in forgiving (Jules Renard)
Those who represent a significant presence in our lives and in the face of error.
26. Forget and forgive. It is not difficult if it is understood. It means to forgive inconveniences and to forgive yourself for forgetting. With much practice and determination, it will be easier (Mark Twain)
Advice from this prolix writer who addresses forgiveness considering respect for ourselves.
. When you say the word ‘I’m sorry’, make sure you understand that an apology has 3 parts. “I’m sorry”, “It’s my fault and I will not do it again” and “How can I improve things?” The last part is the most important (Manasa Rao Saarloos)
This quote of forgiveness contains a lot of wisdom since it deals with the intention of how to solve the effect of our bad action.
28. Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is saying ‘I love you’ with a wounded heart in one hand and your pride stifled in the other (Richelle E. Goodrich)
This writer manages to describe the act of asking for forgiveness by placing emphasis on the process.
29. When you forgive, you liberate your soul. But when you say “I’m sorry!”, You release two souls (Donald L. Hicks)
It is important that the other person knows what you really feel, not only because it is important to acknowledge the fault, but also to encourage reconciliation.
30. Forgiveness is not always easy. Sometimes, forgiving the one who caused it feels more painful than the wound that was suffered. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness (Marianne Williamson)
Forgiveness as the only way to peace and tranquility.
31. Apologizing does not always mean you are wrong It only means that you value your relationship more than your ego (Mark Matthews)
Many times apologies do not have an honest cause.
32. Admitting an error is not a weakness; On the contrary, it shows an opening of your heart. It takes guts to say sorry. Only a strong and balanced individual with the
clarity of mind can do it without effort. Taking responsibility for your actions requires and develops your self-control. You become your own person (Vishwas Chavan)
When apologizing is the reflection of a great personality.
33. Saying ‘I’m sorry’ will not fix what has been broken. You can not invest time or undo the damage or change anything that happened. But a sincere and humble apology can serve to soften the bite and sometimes does a good job of repair (Richelle E. Goodrich)
Not only ask for forgiveness account but also repair the relationship that has been affected by the other.
Apologizing is different from begging, it does not change your status, so go ahead and get on your knees, shed tears if you have them for the person you offended, if you have a place in their hearts, you will be totally forgiven and accepted (Michael Bassey Johnso)
This quote of forgiveness invites us to accept our mistakes with humility and offer forgiveness when necessary.
35. A really humble apology serves to separate storm clouds, calm the rough seas and attract the soft lights of dawn; has the power to change a person’s world (Richelle E. Goodrich)
On the power of forgiveness and how to promote peace.
best short quotes about forgiveness
Sometimes, an apology releases a part of you that you did not even know was in cage … and forgiveness destroys that cage (Sanjo Jendayi)
A nice analogy to approach the power that produces this feeling.
37. Never screw an apology with an excuse (Benjamin Franklin)
This quote tells us that we should not justify our wrong
38. The apologies are not destined to change the past, they are destined to change the future (Kevin Hancock)
And ensure an adequate relationship with the other.
39. Never postpone the repair of a relationship you value. If you need to say ‘I’m sorry’, say it now. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us (Toni Sorenson)
It is one of the expressions of respect and gratitude to preserve important relationships.
40. Forgiveness is the fragrance that spills the violet on the heel that crushed it (Mark Twain)
41. An apology is the glue of life! It can repair almost anything! (Lynn Johnston)
As long as it comes from a deep and honest reflection.
42. Apologize! It is the least you can do to try to correct something that you have damaged (Samhita Baruah)
When it is an inescapable responsibility.
Forgiveness is a decision, not a feeling because when we forgive we do not feel the offense anymore, we do not the more bitterness. Forgive, forgiving you will have your soul in peace and will have the one that offended you (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)
A perspective that considers the point of view of the person who offended the other.
44. In any relationship, the frequent use of two words is very important. They can change the course of destiny. These words are: Thank you and I’m sorry (Girdhar Joshi)
Powerful words that we must use frequently.
45. The truth is that, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you can not move on (Steve Maraboli)
To forgive is to let go.
46. An apology is not about saying you’re sorry, but about the meaning, you put behind the apology and admitting that you’re the wrong party (Unarine Ramaru)
This one of the best quotes about forgiveness, makes us reflect on the process that leads to forgiveness.
47. When the wound is deep. The action to rectify it must come from the heart, because the word ‘forgiveness’ is not enough to sew such a deep cut (Trishna Damodar)
An attitude of change can return the trust of the other.
48. An apology can be wonderful if it is not frequent and comes from the heart. However, beware of people who justify bad behavior with apologies. For them, it is a means to an end (Gary Hopkins)
About superficial apologies.
49. A life lived without forgiveness is a prison (William Arthur Ward)
A prison of guilt and fear.
50. That’s life. Sometimes we do not even want to know how much pain we cause to others, for fear of spoiling our little pleasures. And when the time comes to face the consequences, it’s too late to feel sorry (Menelaos Stephanides)
Sometimes the loser arrives late and is no longer necessary.
best friend quotes about forgiveness
Apologies require taking full responsibility. There are no half-truths, no partial admissions, no rationalizations, no remarks or justifications in no apology (Cathy Burnham)
The reflection must be total and honest.
52. Forgiveness must be immediate, regardless of whether a person asks for it or not. Trust must be rebuilt over time. Trust requires a history (Rick Warren)
We must be patient and wait for the person we offended to accept our apologies.
53. I’m not very good at saying sorry, but I apologize (Chris Kurtz)
You do not need appropriate words, just say it with your heart.
54. We do not forgive people because they deserve it. We forgive them because they need it (Bree Despain)
Because the affection towards them makes us empathize with their repentance.
55. Be the hero of hearts; learn to say that I’m sorry (Richelle E. Goodrich)
Rescue people from that unpleasant moment that caused your mistakes.
56. A friendship broken and repaired through forgiveness can be even stronger than it was (Stephen Richards)
Since the act of forgiving strengthens both the one who forgives and the one who asks for forgiveness.
57. A sincere and warmly expressed apology can produce the same effects as morphine in a suffering soul (Richelle E. Goodrich)
When your words are a caress to the soul.
58. Nothing frees so much as forgiveness. Nothing renews so much as forgetting (Ray A. Davis)
On that sweet and refreshing feeling that resembles freedom.
59. The state of mind of the one who is capable of forgiving is a magnetic power to attract good (Catalina Ponder)
People who forgive inspire good things.
60. The problem of saying or feeling that you feel it is that it often comes after the damage is done (Asma Naqi)
It is one of the things we always face and we do not know how to solve it.
best quotes about love and forgiveness
61. Forgiveness is the economy of the heart, forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of the spirits (Hannah More)
It protects us from
62. An apology given only to appease one’s conscience is selfish and it is better to leave it unsaid! (Evinda Lepins)
Forgiveness always has to come thinking of the other.
63. You think you could not live with pain. Said pain is not lived. It only holds. I’m sorry (Erin Morgenstern)
And that pain dries our spirit.
64. The futility is to lament without doing anything to eliminate the cause (John Geddes)
One of those quotes about forgiveness in which a metaphor is established to excite the idea in a very visual way.
65. Defeat the anger, stop using it as a shield against the truth, and you will find the compassion you need to forgive the people you love (Glenn Beck)
Forgiving is not only an act of repentance but also of love.
66. Yes, dear father. But has it never crossed your mind that, by controlling your feelings, you destroy them? How many times can we say “I’m sorry” until we are no longer able to regret anything? (John le Carre)
When we desensitize ourselves of all the times we have asked forgiveness in a superficial way.
67. Who cares who is right or who is wrong when the last word is a kind apology? (Richelle E. Goodrich)
When the power of forgiveness has shown its
68. Learning to forgive can be the most difficult of human acts, and the closest thing to divinity (Justin Cronin)
Being able to be at peace with another person is a quality that has a lot of the.
69. It’s amazing how many wounds can be healed with these two words: I’m sorry (Matshona Dhliwayo)
And we should reflect more on it to free it.
70. Never believe that you are so good or important, so right or proud, that you can not kneel at the feet of someone you hurt and offer a sincere and humble apology (Richelle E. Goodrich)
On the extinction of pride that does not allow you to free yourself and
best quotes about forgiveness in the bible
Bible quotes about Forgiveness. Read Bible quotes and passages that offer biblical guidance on forgiveness.
These biblical quotes demonstrate how important it is to forgive others as we have been forgiven by the blood of Christ. Read the verses of the Holy Bible about forgiveness in relation to God, Jesus Christ, and the Christian faith.
1. Supporting one another and forgiving one another, if one has a complaint against another; as Christ forgave you, so also you do.
2. For if you forgive men their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
3. But if you do not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive your transgressions.
4. Be careful! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.
5. And if he sins against you seven times a day, and comes back to you seven times, saying, “I repent,” forgive him.
6. Let all bitterness, wrath, wrath, shouting, slander, and all malice be taken away from you.
7. Be kind to one another, merciful, forgiving one another, even as God forgave you in Christ.
8. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
9. I am the one who will erase your transgressions out of love for myself, and I will not remember your sins.
10. Make me remember, let’s discuss our case together; speak to justify you
11. Therefore, repent and be converted, so that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshment may come from the presence of the Lord,
12. Come now, and let us reason, says the LORD, though your sins are as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, like white wool they will remain.
13. So if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; old things happened; behold, they are made new.
14. In Him, we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our sins according to the riches of his grace
15. AND NEVER AGAIN WILL I REMEMBER THEIR SINS AND INIQUITIES.
16. To the Lord, our God belongs to compassion and forgiveness, because we have rebelled against Him.
We hope that you guys like our collection on best quotes about forgiveness. Tell us in the comment section which quote you most like.