Known for his remarkable performances in Scarface and The Godfather, here are famous best quotes of Al Pacino.
Al Pacino (New York, 1940) is a famous actor and director of American cinema, one of the most acclaimed in recent decades.
His professional career already has more than 50 years and has obtained all the possible awards and merits. He made a leap to tremendous fame with his role as Michael Corleone in The Godfather (1972), directed by Francis Ford Coppola.
Best quotes from Al Pacino
For this method actor, life has not been easy. Born in East Harlem, he had to fight against all odds to become a movie myth.
Through this article, we will know the best quotes of Al Pacino to get a little closer to the human facet of this singular actor that so many great films have starred.
1. I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
Great phrase of the character of Tony Montana, a mafia mogul with the
2. Vanity is my favorite sin.
From his movie “The Devil’s Advocate“.
3. Keep your friends close, but closer to your enemies.
Better to have them close and watch them carefully.
4. I do not believe that vanity has to do with the fact of being an actor. Acting is less about oneself and more about what it is about communicating.
A great reflection of Al Pacino on the role of actor, commonly associated with people with a certain narcissistic trait.
5. I was not ready for fame. It hit me hard and I did not have the capacity to face it.
About its beginnings, when overnight became tremendously popular.
6. I do not need bodyguards. I’m from the South Bronx.
A tough guy raised in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in New York.
7. There is no happiness, there is only concentration.
Curious conception about happiness, according to Al Pacino.
8. There have been a lot of unwanted doubts and events in my life.
Several circumstances of Pacino’s life have been cruel.
9. My weaknesses are … I wish I could say something. I would probably do the same pause if you asked me what my strengths are.
Between humility and swagger, Pacino does not know how to define himself exactly.
10. I have often said that there are two types of actors. The most gregarious and the most timid.
Brief reflection between the personality of the interpreters.
11. The problem with me is, I suppose, the way I express myself. You would have to be with me 50 years earlier to understand something I’m talking about.
On its somewhat singular forms and manners.
12. My mother was very important to me. I still miss her.
Here she shows us her most sincere side, missing the one who gave her life.
13. If they come from another planet and ask what an actor is, the answer is Marlon Brando.
An absolute reference in interpretive art.
14. There is no method. You have to be natural.
On his way of acting in front of the camera.
15. If I had the opportunity to be something else, I would be an actor.
His passion is interpretation, and he makes it clear with this famous phrase.
16. Everyone wanted me to be kicked out of The Godfather, except Francis [Ford Coppola].
In his opinion, all the filming companions were against him, except the director, who kept him in the role.
17. Michael Corleone was very difficult to let go.
Logically, after playing Corleone it was difficult to get rid of that public image. But he got it.
18. Money makes your life easier. If you are lucky to have it, you are lucky.
About money and its utility.
19. You will never be alone if you have a book.
Reading is the best of passions, according to this beautiful quote of Al Pacino.
20. I used to wear costumes, such as hats and false beards just to be able to walk and avoid attention.
About the time when I felt real fear to be recognized.
21. It is easy to deceive the eyes, but it is difficult to deceive the heart.
Romantic phrase that the American actor does not seem to have been able to pronounce.
22. For me it’s not about who you love-a man, a woman-it’s the fact that you love. That is the one that really matters.
In favor of sexual freedom.
23. Sometimes it is better to be with the devil you know than with the angel you do not know.
Better bad known …
24. I have never liked the recognition, the questions, the publicity. I have often felt the urge to run away and hide.
Another phrase of Pacino in which he shows us that he does not enjoy being known.
25. The hardest thing about being famous is that people are always kind to you. You are in a conversation and everyone agrees with what you say, even if you say something totally crazy. You need people who can tell you what you do not want to hear.
One of the drawbacks of being Al Pacino: nobody is against you.
26. Power exhausts those who do not. (The Godfather)
Only the victims curse him.
27. Try to always think how those around you think, on that basis everything is possible. (The Godfather)
Anticipating the movements of others is the key to a good strategist.
28. I will tell you something about God: he is the worst landlord in the world.
Ironic phrase that makes us intuit his atheism.
29. Now I am very shy. I wear sunglasses wherever I go.
On its null predisposition to be recognized in public places.
30. In life you have to know three things: not to beg anyone, not trust anyone and not expect anything from anyone.
Three maxims for a life without frights or unfulfilled expectations.
31. I am an actor, not a star. The stars are people who live in Hollywood and have heart-shaped pools.
Your vision about fame.
32. Theater for me was once a way of life.
Distilled a certain nostalgia for the noble art of theater.
33. Shakespeare’s plays are more violent than Scarface.
A brutal comparison with the British writer.
34. Incarnating a character is an illusion and I feel that when you know a lot about a person, possibly part of that illusion is broken.
In love with his trade, he draws this parallelism with real life.
35. The actor becomes an emotional athlete. The process is painful: my personal life suffers.
About the suffering associated with interpreting certain characters.
36. Living in the Bronx teaches you that life is hard, but it cures you to be able to face it.
Extracted from an interview, it tells us about its origins.
Do you read all best AL Pacino quotes which one you most like. Tell us in the comment section and share with your friends.