Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes about Life, Peace, Human rights and Education.
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 -1948) was an Indian Hindu lawyer, thinker, and politician. From 1918 he belonged openly to the front of the Indian nationalist movement. He established novel methods of social struggle such as the hunger strike, and in his programs, he rejected the armed struggle and carried out preaching of the Ahimsa (nonviolence) as a means to resist British rule. Find here the best collection of Gandhi phrases of all time.
quoteswisher.com invites you to know 100+ of the most powerful Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes the man who got India declared independent without spilling a drop of blood in the middle of a war.
Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
1. There is no way for peace, peace is the way.
2. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Do not let the sun die without your grudges having died.
4. An eye for an eye and the whole world will be blind.
5. Take care of your thoughts, because they will become your words. Watch your words, because they will become your acts. Watch your actions, because they will become your habits. Take care of your habits, because they will become your destiny.
6. An error is not made true by the fact that everyone believes in it.
7. The most atrocious of the bad things of bad people is the silence of good people.
8. One must be as humble as the dust to be able to discover the truth.
9. Humanity can not be freed from violence except through nonviolence.
10. My biggest weapon is the silent prayer.
11. Be the change you want to see in the world.
12. Love is the most humble, but the most powerful force that the world has.
13. Forgiveness is the courage of the brave. Only the one who is strong enough to forgive an offense knows how to love.
14. Our reward lies in the effort and not in the result. Full effort is full victory.
15. Violence is the fear of the ideals of others.
Mahatma Gandhi quotes about Peace
- What we are doing to the forests of the world, is but a reflection of what we are doing to ourselves to each other.
- I can not conceive a greater loss than the loss of self-esteem.
- Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
- Be the change you want to see in the world.
- A small group of determined spirits, inspired by an unquenchable faith in their mission, can alter the course of history.
- Live as if you will die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- A minute that passes is unrecoverable. Knowing this, how can we waste so many hours?
- The winners are made of something that they have deep inside them, a wish, a dream, a vision.
- An eye for an eye, only the whole world will be blind.
- Happiness is in what you think, what you say and what you do when you are in harmony.
- When I despair, I remember that throughout history the path of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think about it – always.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they attack you, and then you win.
- It is easy to stand up in the crowd, but it takes courage to do it alone.
- There is no path to peace, peace is the way.
- True beauty lies in the purity of the heart.
- Everyone has to find their inner peace. And peace be real must not be affected by external circumstances.
- There are many causes why I would give my life. There is not a single cause why I would kill.
- The truth is one, the roads are many.
- Satisfaction is found in the effort and not in the achievement.
Mahatma Gandhi quotes about Human Rights
If we are to achieve true peace in the world, we will have to start with the children.
Wherever I am, it will always be in my heart.
Nonviolence, which is the quality of the heart, can not come from a brain resource.
It is wrong and immoral to try to escape the consequences of one’s actions.
You can not shake your hand with a closed fist.
There is no barrier that love can not break.
Silence becomes cowardice when the occasion demands to tell the whole truth and act accordingly.
In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
It always points to a complete harmony of thought, word and deed. Always aim to purify your thoughts and everything will go well.
Poverty is the worst form of violence.
My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents, and I like both.
Speak only if it is better than silence.
Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow.
The power is of two types. One is obtained through fear of punishment and the other through acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent than that derived from fear of punishment.
Yes, I am, I am also a Muslim, a Christian, a Buddhist and a Jew.
Where there is love there is life.
I first met the concepts of nonviolence in my marriage.
Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is the daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without hearts.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
No one can harm me without my permission.
I oppose violence because even when it seems to do good, good is only temporary; and the evil that he does is permanent.
The simplest acts of kindness are, by far, more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
Short Mahatma Gandhi quotes
You can not take our respect for yourself if we do not give it to them.
Believe that what has not happened in history will never happen, is to argue a lack of faith in the dignity of man.
Everyone has a piece of truth.
When doing something, do it with love or do not do it.
In my opinion, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being.
You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you can never imprison my mind.
You can never know what results come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.
There is no other life than simply increasing your speed.
If I had no sense of humor, I would have killed myself a long time ago.
I offer you peace. I offer love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I listen to your needs. I feel your feelings.
Love is the most powerful force the world possesses, and yet it is the most humble thing we can imagine.
God does not have religion.
Hates sin, loves the sinner.
I’m not going to let anyone walk on my head with his dirty feet.
Your beliefs become your thoughts, your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your values, your values become your destiny.
The best way to meet is to lose yourself in the service of others.
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; If a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not get dirty.
A man is nothing more than the product of his thoughts. In what he thinks, he becomes.
The future depends on what is done today.
If patience is worth something, it must last until the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.
Every night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I’m reborn.
The Earth provides enough to meet the needs of all men, but not to satisfy the greed of some men.
Believing in something and not living it is dishonest.
There are people in the world so hungry, that God can not appear to them, except in the form of bread.
It is not wise to be too sure of one’s wisdom. It is healthy to remember that the strongest can be weakened and the wise can be wrong.
The day when the power of love cancels the love of power, the world will know peace.
Mahatma Gandhi quotes about Life
Every time you face an opponent, conquer it with love.
Strength does not come from physical ability. It comes from an indomitable will.
It’s easy enough to be friendly with friends. But to befriend what you consider your enemy, is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.
The action expresses priorities.
You do not know what is really important to you, until you really miss it.
Live simply, so that others can simply live.
The force in the universe, if we allow it, will flow through us and produce miraculous results.
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing, would be enough to solve most of the world’s problems.
The only tyrant I accept is that little voice inside me.
They asked Gandhi what were the factors that destroy human beings. He responded thus:
” Politics without principles, pleasure without commitment, wealth without work, wisdom without character, business without morals, science without humanity and prayer without charity “.